Concerned about memory management

Concerned about memory management

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like my Coolite power application is consuming way too much memory and steadily rises as the user utilizes the application. It seems that memory is not released after it is utilized. For example, I can show a Window, but after I hide it, the memory does not go away. Then I show it again and memory keep stacking up. I discovered this after my computer was acting funny. I looked at the processes and found that Internet Explorer was was using almost 2GIG of memory just for my Coolite application. I mean, Microsoft Outlook only uses 26MG of ram and it's way more resource intensive than my application.

Is there any information such as best practices for reducing memory bloat? For example, what is the difference between closing or hiding a window and its affect on memory usage, etc..

Any info on this topic would be appreciate. I'm just concerned about this because this is an application that will be used by a few hundred employees on a daily basis. I don't want the employees to have to close down their browser every hour just to clear the memory

Thanks.

RE: Concerned about memory management

I created a script that open and closed 500 windows and IE's memory footprint did not change. Can you post an example on how to reproduce the memory issues you are experiencing?

Once we have an reproducable example we should be able to debug in detail.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Any fixes for this

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems like my Coolite power application is consuming way too much memory and steadily rises as the user utilizes the application. It seems that memory is not released after it is utilized.

Thanks

There has been *A LOT* of work put into memory management which will be included in the upcoming v1.0 release. We're still testing things and I'm not 100% sure the IE <iframe> issues are completely solved, but things are certainly looking better.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder