Javascript intellisense error with coolite-core-debug.js

Javascript intellisense error with coolite-core-debug.js

I used to have javascript intellisense in VS by reference the embedded javascript resources in Coolite.Ext.Web dll. However, it seems like intellisense is broken now with the coolite-core-debug.js file.

Warning 1 Error updating JScript IntelliSense: Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.ext-all-debug.js:Coolite.Ext.Web: 'undefined' is null or not an object @ 7505:11
    /// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.adapter.ext.ext-base.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    /// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.ext-all-debug.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    /// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.coolite.coolite-core-debug.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    If I remove the reference to coolite-core-debug.js, then everything is fine. It is weird that the error is complaining about ext-all-debug.js, but it's the coolite-core-debug.js file that's causing it.

RE: Javascript intellisense error with coolite-core-debug.js

I was able to reproduce this intellisense issue, although I haven't been able to isolate exactly what's causing the problem. I can verify the problem is happening in coolite-core.js.

We should be able to isolate the problem today. I'll keep this thread updated with our progress.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Any news regarding this problem? I've been experiencing it, too.

Many thanks,
    Lorenzo

any updates? i feel so useless without my intellisense...

bump =)

Hi,

Today I saw the following post
    http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.ph...217#post366217

May be it can help you

Nope. The solution in the post applies if you explicitly turned intellisense off. Intellisense works fine for me if I dont include any coolite js reference. The problem is that the I want intellisense for custom js classes and utilities I created that depends on coolite js.

Try with this:

/// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.adapter.ext.ext-base.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    /// <reference name="Coolite.Ext.Web.Build.Resources.Coolite.extjs.ext-all-debug.js" assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" />
    /// <reference name="MicrosoftAjax.debug.js" />
    /// <reference name="MicrosoftAjaxTimer.debug.js" />
    /// <reference name="MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.debug.js" />
    MicrosoftAjaxTimer.debug.js and MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.debug.js are optional.

However, intellisense is still not working but the error dissapears.

I know this is pretty old, but has anyone found a solution to this one?? I think I have found the root of the issue however. I referenced one on my custom js with:

<reference path="core.js" />
    And I got the follwing error:

Warning 1 Error updating JScript IntelliSense:
    "core.js: 'Ext.Net.MultiCombo' is null or not an
    object @ 863:0"
    I checked that line, which had the following:

Ext.net.MultiCombo.prototype.......
    The core.js file was further referencing Ext.net assembly embedded js files. In my understanding, the VS 2008 Intellisense parser encountered Ext.net.MultiCombo as null (because the js file which contained this was not referenced), and the rest should be an obvious story. So, it essentially boils down to a null reference error for the intellisense parser, and the parser just leaves it up there, providing no further intellisense support.