[CLOSED] TriggerField + TriggerButton?? + TriggerArea??

[CLOSED] TriggerField + TriggerButton?? + TriggerArea??

Alright, so I have a three part question here.

First, are you able to change the icon of the TriggerField to one of the provided icons in Coolite?

Second, the TriggerField is a nifty feature, but I need something that looks more like the normal Ext.Button that is to the right of the TextField? *Is this possible -- kind of like a TriggerButton? *Because I need Text and an Icon.

Finally, I need the same functionality of a "TriggerButton" but it works with a "TextArea" instead of a text field.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks.

RE: [CLOSED] TriggerField + TriggerButton?? + TriggerArea??

Is any of this possible?
    hmmm. Not really. At least, not easily implemented.

I'll have to think about this and discuss with Vladimir.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Ok, maybe I misunderstood...

First, are you able to change the icon of the TriggerField to one of the provided icons in Coolite?
    No, the TriggerField uses a different style of button/icon which generally not compatible with the .Icons.

Second, the TriggerField is a nifty feature, but I need something that looks more like the normal Ext.Button that is to the right of the TextField? Is this possible -- kind of like a TriggerButton? Because I need Text and an Icon.
    How about just adding an <ext:Button> control beside an <ext:TextField>? In order to get the alignment right, the two might have to be placed in separate <table> cells or <ext:Cell>'s if using the <ext:TableLayout>.

[CODE]Finally, I need the same functionality of a "TriggerButton" but it works with a "TextArea" instead of a text field.[/quote]

Basically, the same as above... <ext:TextArea> <ext:Button>

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Yes. I have tried using tables and Cells.

However, in some instances, when I need the TextField to have a width of 100% (I use StyleSpec to accomplish this), the TextField will overlap the button OR the button will be cut off, as if it was run off the container.

And placing them side-by-side, causes them to appear on other lines (if they aren't placed in a table or layout).

I thought there might be another "ExtJS/Coolite" way of doing this.

Thanks.

We added a new control called <ext:MultiField> which allows multiple Field type controls to be configured and rendered inline.

We're making a new example demonstrating it's use which should be ready shortly.

The <ext:MultiField> control has been committed to SVN and will be publicly available with the v0.8 release.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

There is a <ext:MultiField> example in the Examples Explorer at the following location (SVN only) ...

/Examples/Form/MultiField/Overview/Default.aspx

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hey, thanks a lot for this. Going to make my development a lot easier on the UI side!

Thanks again!