Right-click node select in TreePanel?

Right-click node select in TreePanel?

I need to implement a right-click context menu for TreeNode/AsyncTreeNode in TreePanel. But it seems that right-clicking does not select the node. I need the node to be selected immediately before the contextmenu displays. How can this be done?

RE: Right-click node select in TreePanel?

I really need some help on this. This will definitely be show stopper for us if we can't implement this. The ability to select a node on right-click and then display a context menu is very critical. thanks.

Hi,

You can listen ContextMenu event of TreePanel and in handler of this event select node manually

<ContextMenu Handler="this.getSelectionModel().select(node);"/>*

We're getting closer! It now selects on right click, however, it seems I can only have a single function at a time. The following doesn't work:

<ContextMenu Handler="this.getSelectionModel().select(node);" />
                        <ContextMenu Handler="Coolite.AjaxMethods.ShowMenu(node);" />
    How can I both select AND call an AjaxMethod AND pass in the selected node so I can know what node is selected in my AjaxMethod?

Thanks!

Hi,

<ContextMenu Handler="this.getSelectionModel().select(node);Coolite.AjaxMethods.ShowMenu(node);" />

Hi,

I am doubt that you can pass node to the ajax method. Ajax method can has simple arguments. Pass id of node for example
    Coolite.AjaxMethods.ShowMenu(node.id);

Great, these work as required! Is there any chance that in a future release, this sort of functionality is inherent to the TreePanel? What I mean is that what I'm asking for is very basic functionality that probably a lot of people use. Such as right-click, select, call ajaxmethod to do something on that node, such as refresh (remove children/reload children), display context menu, etc. Seems like it requires quite a bit of code to implement this currently.