[CLOSED] Will v0.6 be released/built under .net 2.0 framework

[CLOSED] Will v0.6 be released/built under .net 2.0 framework

I've just handed over what i've built so far to the people who will deliver this into uat and the live environment and they're saying that the coolite v0.6 dll uses the .Net 3.5 runtime and they only have 2.0. When it is officially released will it be under the 2.0 or will a version be available that is ?

RE: [CLOSED] Will v0.6 be released/built under .net 2.0 framework

Hi Steve,

The Coolite.Toolkit.dll is compiled under .NET 3.5, although it can be used in a .NET 2.0 application.*

If you're building the project from source in SVN, then I think it will still build under .NET 2.0, although we might be moving to a .NET 3.5 as a requirement. Currently we're not using .NET 3.5 specific code.*

Hope this helps.*
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks for that Geoffrey, how would i get access to the svn ? You sent me a url for the 0.6 dll so i could participate in the preview testing and the svn i do have access to as a paid up member is the 0.5.4

Also not having been in this situation before is there some kind of idiots guide to what i need to do as there are a lot of folders. Does \tag contain current 0.6 and \trunk previous versions ? is there a way to download the whole thing or do i have to "save target as" for each file ?

sorry to be a pain, somebody has to be the most junior ;)

I think i've answered part of my own question i.e. the svn bit. I'm currentl downloading and installing VisualSVN (http://www.visualsvn.com/visualsvn/download/) that will get all the code for me.

I just need to know if the tag folder contains v0.6 ??

Hi Steve,

I've never tried visualsvn, but we use TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads) which seems to work well. We have plans to create a demonstration about how to connect to the svn repository and how to use TortoiseSVN, but for now a google search for a "tortoisesvn tutorial" should bring up some helpful results.*

The \trunk\ will always contain the most up-to-date code and currently all the v0.6 code.*

So, to get started with v0.6, you'll want to download just the \trunk\ folder. With that you will get the freshest code. Once downloaded, just double click on the Coolite.Toolkit.sln file within the root of \trunk\. Visual Studio will startup and you'll be able to "build" the current project. The main project of the Solution is "Coolite.Ext.Web". If the build compiles properly a fresh Coolite.Ext.Web.dll will be added to the project /bin/ folder. This is the .dll you can add to (or Reference) with any web projects where you want to use v0.6.

A "tag" is created for each public release which allows you to build any version during the project history. Currently within the \tags\ directory there should be 5 folders. One for each release from 0.5.0 --> 0.5.4.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for reply and patience.

I've installed TortoiseSVN and run the export into a folder (Coolite SVN Tortoise) on my machine (Vista), opened the solution and run a build (debug) but i'm getting the following error...

Error 3 The command ""C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\Build\Resources\ILMerge\ILMerge.exe" /ndebug /keyfile:"C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\Properties\Coolite.Ext.Web.snk" /out:"C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\Build\Results\Coolite.Ext.Web.dll" "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\bin\Debug\Coolite.Ext.Web.dll" /log:"C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\Build\Results\ILMerge_Log.txt" "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\bin\Debug\Newtonsoft.Json.dll" "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Coolite SVN Tortoise\Coolite.Ext.Web\bin\Debug\Coolite.Utilities.dll"" exited with code 9009. Coolite.Ext.Web

Ok, I fixed the problem. Sometimes we forget to remove the project BuildEvents before committing.

The first two posts in the following thread discuss the ILMerge error, see http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...=1513-5-1.aspx

If you do an SVN Update, the project should build properly now.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks, works a treat now.