[CLOSED] ExtNet GridPanel unhandled exception after update from release 2.4 to 2.5

[CLOSED] ExtNet GridPanel unhandled exception after update from release 2.4 to 2.5

Hi all,

Today I updated the Ext.Net.MVC version from 2.4 to 2.5 and all the pages (Razor) that are using GridPanel started to throw an exception in the method load, line 73304, column 9 of Ext.data.Store in the ext-all-debug-js.

I tested in IE7/IE8 and Chrome and the exception seems to occurs only in the IE.

The grid are using no groupers, and the line that is occurring the exception is the below:

options.groupers = options.groupers || me.groupers.items;

Is there some breaking changes in this version?
    Is there some know workaround to this?

Best regards, thanks,

Jose Carlos.
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @jcarlos,

Please try to update to Ext.NET v2.5.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Please try to update to Ext.NET v2.5.1.
    Hi @Daniil, I checked the current updated version and actually it is already 2.5.1, and the Ext.Net assembly release is 2.5.0.31282.

Any other tip?

Best regards, thanks,

Jose Carlos.
    Hello,

It appears you still have 2.5.0 in your project. Maybe Visual Studio is caching the previous Assembly.

Try "Clean Solution" and then Rebuild All.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    It appears you still have 2.5.0 in your project. Maybe Visual Studio is caching the previous Assembly.

Try "Clean Solution" and then Rebuild All.
    Hi, actually I already had done this cleaning but the issue was not resolved.
    Anyway, I repeated the operation (close VS, clean solution, build all) again and the problem still persists.
    I checked again the assembly version of downloaded package by NuGet and confirmed that its release version is 2.5.0.31282.
    I'm downloading the complete branch of the Ext.Net from the SVN and I will give some tries with their examples of the grid in order to try to reproduce the problem.
    I will keep you informed about the results.

Best regards, thanks,

Jose Carlos.
    I just created a new Web Site Project and added Ext.NET from NuGet, and 2.5.1 is installed by default.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I just did the same. v2.5.1 is installed for me as well.
    Hi, I also created a new website and installed Ext.Net.MVC from Nugget and the version is indicated as 2.5.1. I also checked the assembly version is the same that I mentioned before 2.5.0.31282.

I didn't concluded the tests with the source code of examples of the the Ext.Net because the connection was broken when it was downloading from SVN, but soon as concluded and tested and I will let you the results.

Thanks,

Jose Carlos.
    Hi, I finally concluded the analysis and the problem wasn't in the gridpanel as I believed.
    The page that I created has a master page mask (partial page) that include a comboBox using the html/transform feature.
    The issue that is really occurring with this release is in the method bindStore of its dynamic created store.
    Maybe some incompatibility of this new version of the Ext.Net that I will continue investigating.
    Please, you could close this thread because if I were to detect an issue specifically about the Ext.Net and this case (html/transform comboBox) I will open a new thread.
    Sorry by the inconvenience and thanks for your fast support.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos.
    Hi,

You can try to set AutoDestroy="false" for Store