ComboBox positioning problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ComboBox positioning problem

Why doesn't the ComboBox position itself correctly? For example, I have a label on a form and drop the combobox next to it. Since I don't have an explicit Break (<br>) tag after the label, it should be to the right of the label, not underneath it, correct?? Then if I try to apply CSS positioning to the ComboBox, the textbox part of the control moves, but the dropdown image stays to the left. Take a look at the attached image.

RE: ComboBox positioning problem

It's best to use the Field (TextField, Checkbox, ComboBox, etc) controls within an <ext:FormLayout>.*

With the FormLayout, the position of the controls will be handled automatically. You can also set the FieldLabel property of the Field control, so a separate Label is not required.*

If you're not using the ComboBox within a FormLayout we're probably going a simplified .aspx code sample which includes the html/css required to reproduce the problem.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Does the FormLayout offer me precise XY positioning of each element? I have a specific layout I have to create. From my understanding, the FormLayout will automatically layout elements for you in Column/Row layout, correct?

dbassett74 (5/11/2009)Does the FormLayout offer me precise XY positioning of each element?
    No. The FormLayout does not position based on XY coordinates.*

You might be interested in the*<ext:AbsoluteLayout> control, which provides functionality for XY poisitioning of the elements.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Does the AbsoluteLayout only provide for positioning of Panels? I tried putting a ext:Button inside the AbsoluteLayout but there is no X or Y property of the Button it seems... I need to be able to position individual elements, not just panels.

dbassett74 (5/11/2009) Does the AbsoluteLayout only provide for positioning of Panels? I tried putting a ext:Button inside the AbsoluteLayout but there is no X or Y property of the Button it seems... I need to be able to position individual elements, not just panels.
    You could always use StyleSpec="position: absolute; left; xx; top; xx;" on the individual items, put them inside a relative panel.

Cheers,
    Timothy

In v0.8 (or earlier) the <ext:Button> can not be positioned directly with XY coordinates in the <ext:AbsoluteLayout> control, but you can add the <ext:Button> inside an <ext:Panel> control, then position the Panel.*

In v1.0 the <ext:Button> will be positionable with XY coordinates.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I hope the ImageButton will also be positionable...

ImageButton.cs inherits from Button.cs, so yes, the ImageButton will be positionable.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I just noticed that the DatePicker is also not positionable. Are all tools going to be positionable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast