Menu not hiding when clicking off

Menu not hiding when clicking off

The problem can be see at:

http://mvc.ext.net/

If you're viewing the Home tab and you click on the Help button to expose the menu, but you don't select a menu item, and you click somewhere in the Home tab body, the menu items do not disappear as they should. I suspect this has something to do with an AutoLoad page in IFrame mode because when I take out the loaded page, the menu disappears.

RE: Menu not hiding when clicking off

Hi dbassett74,

Yes, this issue is related to the inner <iframe> of the center region. The events attached to the document by the Menu are not handled by the <iframe>.

I'm investigating a possible fix, although I suspect this is not going to be an immediate fix to add this functionality.

I'll keep this thread updated with our progress.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Although this is probably not a show stopper for us, it is a very bad problem to say the least.

How does Yahoo! accomplish this? I know that the base ExtJs library is somewhat modeled or even built off the Yahoo User Interface, isn't it?? In Yahoo! mail, a drop down menu on the main panel, disappears when you click ANYWHERE in their app, I know they are using IFrames.

It's not a difficult fix to work-around, but we will be integrating the feature within a larger feature-set to be added to the <AutoLoad> functionality. *That will take some time to build and fully test.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder