Access to Store after PostBack...

Access to Store after PostBack...

Hi,

Me again....

Whenever I make a request to the server, whether by doing a PostBack or using an AjaxEvent, my Store goes null and so my Grid gets emptied of its rows upon return. The only way to solve this is to keep binding the data to the Store.

I'm having a problem with that solution because there is a Form that is used to filter the records which are retrieved from the database and loaded in the Store. With the above solution I would have to use the details in the form to know what data to get, but the that information can be changed.

I neet to be able to access the data that is in the Store on the server-side without me having to go back to the database. Is there a property or something that can solve this?

RE: Access to Store after PostBack...

Still no help?

Did you try putting

if (!IsPostBack && !Ext.IsAjaxRequest){}
    around the code that fills your store?

I don't understand how that would help... I know I'm doing an AjaxRequest.

The problem is that after I send the request and I attempt to access the DataSource of my store on the Server-Side, the DataSource is empty even if there were records in it before. I need to know whether or not its possible to make them remain there and if posible how.

This is my exact scenario:
    I want to double click a row in a grid and show a window with additional information relating to that row. I'm doing it with AjaxEvent because I need data from other tables.

In the interim I will load all the data that I require in the store and then create the window on the client, but this will result in a huge amount of records in the store which makes sorting that much slower.