License - Publish Project

License - Publish Project

Hi, I'm developing a framework for UI automation using Coolite Controls with Community Version. I would like to know if i can publish my framework under GNU GPL 3.0 License and use this framework to develop commercial applications.

Thank you very much.

RFL

RE: License - Publish Project

Hi leflaco,

I'm developing a framework for UI automation

Sounds like a cool project!

The License Summary page (http://www.ext.net/license/) outlines our dual-license options.

The Community License (GPL 3.0) does not make a distinction between commercial or non-commercial applications. It's really just a matter of distribution*and choice.

Basically, if you choose to develop under the Community License (GPL 3.0) *and your application (software) is NOT used internally (self or company), then along with the access to your application you must be able provide the source-code for your application to that end-user for free. Typically with a web application this is done with a 'download source' link within the notes or credits of the application, or somewhere obvious.

The end-user of your application is then granted the same rights we grant to you to continue further development and distribution of your software.*

I hope this helps answer your question. Let me know if you require any further clarification and I'll do my best to assist.*
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 20, 2011 at 1:25 PM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: License - Publish Project

Geoffrey, thank you very much for your response.

RFL