Place static AjaxMethod in seperate libray

Place static AjaxMethod in seperate libray

*Hi,

I would like to be able to place my static [AjaxMethod] methods in a library seperate from my .aspx pages. *Since these are static [AjaxMethods] and no Page Lifecycle is needed, seperation from the .aspx page is best desired design. *I have tried putting these methods in seperate class but the compiler does not seem to add them to the Coolite.AjaxMethods array on the client.... is this possible ?

Thanks,

Michael

RE: Place static AjaxMethod in seperate libray

Hi Michael,

We are working on new functionality which will enable adding AjaxMethods programatically and the Methods can reside in any class. Unfortunately I don't think this new functionality will make it into the v0.8.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I still think the AjaxMethod signature should reside in the aspx code behind. The AjaxMethod can easily call another shared method in your other library.

jchau (5/5/2009)I still think the AjaxMethod signature should reside in the aspx code behind. The AjaxMethod can easily call another shared method in your other library.
    I think this is the best approach personally, as it kind of mimics the architecture of a desktop app, where the code behind would call a method in another library, since the UI itself does not make any calls to methods. I personally think its much cleaner to completely separate the UI elements from any method calls/functionality.