[CLOSED] In Internet explorer 8.0 chart X & Y-axis label font not displaying readable format.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] In Internet explorer 8.0 chart X & Y-axis label font not displaying readable format.

Hi,

In Internet explorer 8.0 chart X & Y-axis label font not displaying readable format.

Please find attached image captured in IE8
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Font-Issue-IE8.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	8871  
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @PriceRightHTML5team,

I cannot reproduce. Maybe, a required font is not installed in OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi @PriceRightHTML5team,

I cannot reproduce. Maybe, a required font is not installed in OS.
    Daniil font is already there in OS and that issue only able to replicate in Internet explorer 8.0 apart from IE 8.0 on same OS its working fine for other browsers like IE 9.0 & IE 10.0 ,Chrome,Mozilla FirFox.
    Quote Originally Posted by PriceRightHTML5team View Post
    Daniil font is already there in OS and that issue only able to replicate in Internet explorer 8.0 apart from IE 8.0 on same OS its working fine for other browsers like IE 9.0 & IE 10.0 ,Chrome,Mozilla FirFox.
    I guess you are testing on different machines, because you can have the only IE version installed at the same time. Right? Or you are testing some IE in different modes. Those modes can produce wrong results. I mean, for example, that IE9 in IE8 mode and original IE8 can produce different results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    I guess you are testing on different machines, because you can have the only IE version installed at the same time. Right? Or you are testing some IE in different modes. Those modes can produce wrong results. I mean, for example, that IE9 in IE8 mode and original IE8 can produce different results.
    Daniil,your saying correct on same OS only one IE version installed at same time but for this chart font issue i downgraded IE version from IE 11.0 to IE8 one by one and each time when i m downgraded IE tested the same chart then i come to know it working fine with IE 11.0,IE 10.0 & IE 9.0 but not working with IE 8.0 and same thing i tried with IE modes before downgrading IE but by changing IE modes i m unable to reproduce it.
    We have tested on BrowserStack using a full Windows install with native IE8 and were not able to reproduce the issue.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    We have tested on BrowserStack using a full Windows install with native IE8 and were not able to reproduce the issue.
    Hi Geoffrey,

this issue not reproducing on BrowserStack to reproduce this we need install full version of IE 8 on local machine. we have tested this issue on three different machine with following configuration and all three machine we are facing same chart font issue in IE 8.0

Processor : Intel(R)Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz
    RAM : 8.00 GB
    Operating System : Windows 7 Enterprise
    System Type : 64 bit
    Internet Explorer Version : 8.0.7601.17514 64 bit Edition
    Ext.net version : 2.2.0.26551
    Hi,

i tested Ext.net.2.5 chart sample facing same issue please find attached image capture.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ext.net.2.5.Chart.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	9601  
    I still cannot reproduce.

Please inspect the label elements. What font is being applied to them?

I see the following in the style attribute:
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    What do you see?

Also please clarify the following. Can you reproduce it with other examples? Or is it only with the Column/Basic example? Could you, please, provide us with screenshots of other examples?

Also can you reproduce it in other browsers? IE9, IE10, Chrome, FireFox?
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 08, 2014 at 4:15 PM.
    The styles for an axis's labels are predefined in a Chart's themes. There is the Base theme by default.
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/s...art-theme-Base

There is the following "font" rule defined in the Base theme for an axis's labels.
    font: '12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'
    Could you, please, run the following page on your requirement and post a screenshot?

Example
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div style="font: 12px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Some text to test the font rule!</div>
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 08, 2014 at 5:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast