[CLOSED] IE7 page rendering problem?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[CLOSED] IE7 page rendering problem?

I've recently noticed a problem in IE7 where sometimes the page doesn't fully render. Instead Internet Explorer seems to "hang" on loading the page (the progress bar stays on "Waiting"). The page stays white, but it's possible to right-click on the page and do "View Source". The page has actually downloaded successfully, but it's not rendered any of the content.

There is no consistency to this problem, and my guess is it's a timing issue - when viewing the site over a slow connection it seems to work fine, and render the pages. However viewing the site on the system that hosts it sometimes produces this problem, possibly because it downloads the pages a lot quicker.

This doesn't appear to be a page specific or machine specific issue as it's been tested across different machines and platforms (Win XP and Win 2003, IIS 5 and IIS 6). The problem has only been noticed when using IE7. IE6 and Firefox have been tested and this problem hasn't occurred.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so do you know what might be causing this?

Many thanks.

RE: [CLOSED] IE7 page rendering problem?

*I have seen the same thing. *I can't reproduce it consistently and it is driving me nuts. *If I refresh the page, it usually loads fine. *

I'm glad it's not just me!

I've found a post on the ExtJs web site which sounds similar to the problem I'm having - click

It seems their problem was caused by IE7 firing the onReady function before the JS files are fully loaded...

Has anybody else apart from myself and jchau experienced this rendering problem in IE7? This still "randomly" happens...

Thanks.

It is definitely the onReady bug. It's an issue in IE8 too. I have other markups on my page and they show up fine. But anything ExtJS related are not shown.

Must admit, I haven't tried IE8 yet, but it's concerning that this problem also affects IE8!

Sorry to bring this back up but we are getting this more and more now. QA is calling it the white screen of death. Some technically challenged clients stared at the white screen for 15 mins thinking something will happen...

Hi,

Can you test the following:

1. Download the js file with some fixes - EventManager.zip

2. In Page_Load use

if(Ext.IsIE && !Ext.IsAjaxRequest)
                {
                    this.ScriptManager1.RegisterClientScriptInclude("OnReadyFix", "EventManager.js");
                }
    Please notify if the problem still is reproduces
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM.

Hi guys,

Did you test the above attachment with fix? Can you notify about result? Thanks
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast