[FIXED] Tab had a little icon when open on FF

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RE: [FIXED] Tab had a little icon when open on FF

Hey guys,

I started this week to test the Coolite Controls.
    Excellent Job ! Very Good !

I was chating with Vladimir and he referred me this controls.

I tried my best do not send any query without read the threads here on this forum. I did not find any documentation, so sorry if I am missing something !

I am experiencing the same problem "Ext.EventObject has no properties" in IE7 or FF2.0. My environment is Coolite version 0.4.1, Visual Studio 2008 framework 2.0.

The error message is basically like the one pointed on this thread with the Firebug Infos:

Ext.EventObject has no properties

[Break on this error] var h=function(e){e=Ext.EventObject.setEvent(e);var t;if(o.delegate){t=e.getTarg...
    WebResource.axd (line 161)

So I tried the same steps testing http://sandbox.ext.net/UpdatePanel-w...nd-window.aspx
    I created a different project AJAX Web App with the same code and everything works fine !
    Then I tried to place the same page on my old project (the one that is not working) and the same problem happens.

One thing I noticed is that on that project I am getting error. The coolite controls does't work if I do not put the property CleanResourceUrl="false" on the ScriptManager. When I remove this property it gives me an error: 'Ext' is undefined (Line 15).
    I could not understand exactly what the CleanResourceUrl does, but this is the only difference I could find between those projects.

Any clue? Can you help me please.

Thank you in advance.

Leonardo.

Hi,

Just some complementary informations. I suspect the problem can be something related to IIS7.
    The difference between the test I've done (same http://sandbox.ext.net/UpdatePanel-w...nd-window.aspx) is that it was running on Cassini. As soon as I switch to IIS the error happened. Both error exactly as I mentioned before.

The problem is that I must run that project on IIS.

I am using Vista Business !

I tried give permissions on Handler Mappings to Read, Script and Execute. On the Handler Mappings I got WebResource.axd and ScriptResource.axd ENABLED without any restrictions beyond all other handdlers installed.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Leonardo. <a id="ext-gen152" href="http://sandbox.ext.net/UpdatePanel-with-TabPanel-and-window.aspx">
    </a>

Hi Leonardo,

I need you to test a couple things for me. Try setting the "Gzip" and "CleanResourceUrl" properties to "false" on the ScriptManager.

Example

<cool:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" Gzip="false" CleanResourceUrl="false" />
    Does the JavaScript error still get thrown?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey.mcgill

Thank you very much for your answer. I am here desperate trying to make it work !

When I set CleanResourceUrl="false" AND gzip="false" or just CleanResourceUrl="false" the first error does not happens.
    I meant, at least the site opens without 'Ext' is undefined at first glance.

But when I try to use the site, let say, clicking the button to postback, it shows the second error I mentioned:

Ext.EventObject has no properties

[Break on this error] var h=function(e){e=Ext.EventObject.setEvent(e);var t;if(o.delegate){t=e.getTarg...
    WebResource.axd (line 161)

Then it hide all Coolite controls from screen.

Apprecite your help.

Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

I'm getting an error with that sample now as well. Only in IE. I'm investigating to try and figure out what exactly is going wrong. Some kind of conflict with the UpdatePanel.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey McGill,

Thanks for your answer. My feeling is that you guys are doing an excellent job and I'll do recommend it to my company to buy a commercial version with support included as soon it will be available.

My concern was if it would work with AjaxToolkit, as well as GridViews, DetailsViews, etc.
    All seems to works fine with your controls ! So far so good ! Well done !

I managed to solve the problem by change some configuration on IIS7 as well as setting the ResourcePath to a different folder. I've changed so amny things trying to get it working that I am not sure what was the exactly action that solved the problem.
    One thing I can tell you is that the ClearResource has to be true in order to work all properly.

But you are right. I can still see some problems with the Window control on IE. In some scenarios when I tried to drag/collapse/close the screen it simply does not re-render the screen and seems to lose all control of it. I am sending a screenshot that better explain what I am trying to say.
    I could not managed to get a sample as your page that shows this problem, but if I can I'll send to you in order to help you track the problem.

Other thing I miss a lot is a documentation like ExtJs. I wish to learn more how to do things on the client, like hide a coolPanel as well as learn how to work with coolScripManager to do ajax callback without use AjaxToolkit update panels.
    Is there any site where I can get such documentation/how-to ?

Thank you

Leonardo.

Hi Leonardo,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you.

Thank you very much for reporting that the CleanResourceUrl property is not working under IIS7. This is very good to know. I will do some more testing to try and figure out exactly why. Would you be willing to test if we make some updates? If yes, just email me (geoff [at] coolite [dot] com). This is a critical feature we want to support, so this bug will be a priority to fix.

The Window positioning issues sound related to the following post, see http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...d=290-5-1.aspx. The bug was fixed and I think that should solve the problem you are experiencing as well.

We have a documentation project being included with the 0.5. The docs will include all the ExtJS documentation and we're doing out best to fill out the .NET specific details, although for the initial release, they will be a little thin on details.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey McGill

Thanks for your answer. Don't need to apologize. The delay responding is fine as well as your effort to solve the issues.
    I known that you guys are very busy working hard to deliver the next release that we are expecting, so, don't worry!

I am willing to test everything indeed. Also, I'll do my best to document all errors and report bugs with the maximum details in order to help you solve any issues. I'll drop you an e-mail.

Regarding to the window positioning problem, I don't thing we are experiencing the same problem, but let me test it a little bit more then we can investigate further.

Let me just ask you one question regarding to Tab Control. Is that a way to set its height value in percentage (%) instead of pixels?

Best regards,

Leonardo.

Hi Leonardo,

About TabPanel height in percents...
    Try this code (I didn't test it but may be it correct. If not I will try to test later)

<head runat="server">
        <ext:ScriptContainer ID="ScriptContainer1" runat="server" />
        <script type="text/javascript">
            Ext.onReady(function(){
                var _tabs = <%=MyTab.ClientID %>; // Get ClientID of our tab
                var percentHeight = 0.5; //we want 50% height
                var tabContainer = _tabs.getEl().parent(); //Get container div (tabpanel rendered to own container div, we can't see this container in designer markup because it autogenerate)
                var parent = tabContainer.parent(); //Get true container (this container we can see in designer markup)
                var height = parent.getComputedHeight() * percentHeight; //calculate 50% in pixels 

tabContainer.setHeight(height); //set height for autogenarate conatiner div
                _tabs.setHeight(height); //set height for TabPanel
            });<BR id=ext-gen27>    </script>
    </head></PRE>

Hi Vladsch,

Thanks for your answer. I could not managed to get the script working. Sorry if it is my lack of knowledge.
    The line which is supposed to get the ClientID uses server tags that just works here if I put
    <%#TabPanel2.ClientID %>
    But even if I use the Firebug and inspect the element to get its id, there is something missing because it wil say that _tabs.getEl is not a function (Line 17), of course.
    I tried to get the element with &#100;ocument.getElementById, but it always returns null. I don't known why the tab div element appear as it were disabled on Firebug.

I appreciate if you could test the code and let me tell me what I am doing wrong.

Can I use the same method to get the width?

Thanks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast