[FUTURE] [V0.8] UX Upload Dialog / Coolite UploadFile Control.

[FUTURE] [V0.8] UX Upload Dialog / Coolite UploadFile Control.

Hi guys,

I've done some effort towards to UX (extended) controls.
    How far we are from getting some (FileUpload Control) ? like: http://www.max-bazhenov.com/dev/uplo...-2.0/index.php

Thanks.
    Leo

RE: [FUTURE] [V0.8] UX Upload Dialog / Coolite UploadFile Control.

Hi Leo,

We'll be including a <ext:FileUploadField> with the version 0.8 release. A demo is available at the following location, see http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples...le-upload.html

The UX upload widget you linked to looks pretty cool too.

If you take on a building a <ux> extension for the Ext.ux.UploadDialog, maybe you can share the process with the community? Start a thread on User Extensions and Plugins forum and post what you've got so far. I'll help out.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Hi Geoffrey,

Somehow I missed your response for this thread.
    Thanks for let me know about this "User Extensions and Plugins". I'll post there anything that I do that can help the community.

I ran out of time and could not continue with FileUpload, but It wasn't in a stage of build a server-control. All I did was using the scripts and post it to my aspx form page. I could see the file content delivered in my Response.Form. I'll have a look what they got so far and see if I can contribute.

I ended up using just Anthem:FileUpload to do what I needed.

Good to know that FileUpload will be included on version 0.7. Let mw know if you need any help to test it.

Very good iniciative of you guys helping the community.

Leo.

I'm currently working on this. Check out what I've done so far. I could use some help!

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...2735-19-1.aspx

Hi davidhoyt,

Great! Well Done.
    I give a quick look and seems really good.
    In fact, it is beyond my needs. At the moment I am using just one file per record, so the FileUploadField that Geoffrey mentioned is enough. I am saving the information onto the database and using Anthem FileUpload to do it in a Ajax manner.

Then if it an Image I upload and display it on screeen.

However I am sure I'll came through a scenario where I need multiples files soon. Sorry, I don't remember now. Is it possible to restrict to 1 file only?

How it works the license for these UX controls?

Thanks for let me know.
    You've done a fantastic job so far.

Leo.

As you said, for just 1 file this would probably be overkill.

I don't think there's an option to restrict to one file only. But in that instance, it wouldn't make sense to use this control. I'd use the v0.8.0 file upload control Coolite's working on.

The UX file upload dialog doesn't look like it comes with a license. Personally, my code is CPOL (http://www.codeproject.com/info/cpol10.aspx). That means if the Coolite folks want to add it to their UX project, I would not care at all. I think we all could benefit from making it open source and so the community can help make it a better product.

What do you think Geoffrey?