[CLOSED] Collapse/Expand reloads on FF

[CLOSED] Collapse/Expand reloads on FF

Hi,

I am using the viewport container and on the North panel I have this code:

<North Collapsible="True" Split="True">
                            <ext:Panel ID="ctl48" runat="server" Height="200px" Title="North">
                            <Content>
                                 <ext:TabPanel ID="TabPanelWebs" runat="server" ActiveTab="1" Border="false" Title="Websites">
                                    <tabs>
                                      <ext:Tab ID="TabY" runat="server" Title="Yahoo" AutoLoad="http://yahoo.com" AutoHeight="true"/>
                                      <ext:Tab ID="TabG" runat="server" Title="Google" AutoLoad="http://google.com"/>
                                    </tabs>
                                 </ext:TabPanel>
                            </Content>
                            </ext:Panel>
                        </North>

The problem I have on Firefox is that when I collapse the North panel and then expand it the content of the tabs reloads. This does not happen with IE. How can I avoid this reloading on FF?

RE: [CLOSED] Collapse/Expand reloads on FF

Hi George,

The <iframe> reload issue is caused by a "feature" ;) of FireFox.

You can avoid the reload by setting the AnimCollapse property on the <ext:Panel> to "false".

A couple other things I noticed about your code sample... if you want the inner <ext:TabPanel> to "fill" the ct148 <ext:Panel> which will then "fill" the <North> region, please add a <ext:FitLayout> to the <ext:Panel>. Sorry, that might be confusing, a code sample should help demonstrate.

Example

<North Collapsible="True" Split="True">
        <ext:Panel ID="ctl48" runat="server" Height="400" Title="North" AnimCollapse="false">
            <Content>
                <ext:FitLayout ID="FitLayout1" runat="server">
                    <ext:TabPanel ID="TabPanelWebs" runat="server" ActiveTab="1" Border="false" Title="Websites">
                        <tabs>
                            <ext:Tab ID="TabY" runat="server" Title="Yahoo" AutoLoad="http://yahoo.com" />
                            <ext:Tab ID="TabG" runat="server" Title="Google" AutoLoad="http://google.com"/>
                        </tabs>
                    </ext:TabPanel>
                </ext:FitLayout>
            </Content>
        </ext:Panel>
    </North>
    Also when using the <ext:FitLayout> you can remove the AutoHeight="true" property from the "yahoo" <ext:Tab>.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

That worked perfect, thanks for the fast response.

Now I have a second question related with this. On the center panel I have some buttons that they just change the URL of the iframes with a different web page. They work as expected but what I don't like very much is that when I click the button the iframes clears immediately and after half a second the new page appears. This is normal I guess, but is there any "magic" parameter that I can add somewhere to eliminate this effect so the iframe not to clear upon the button click but to wait until the new page is downloaded completely in order to display it immediately.

Hi george,

The <iframe> is just like having a "browser-within-a-browser", so if the page momentarily goes blank I suspect that's a "feature" of the browser you're using. If you want to reload the <iframe>, I don't think there's any functionality within the library to help prevent the delay. You really just need to ensure the page you're loading has been properly optimized.

Are you loading an external url, or a page within your project that contains more coolite controls?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I am loading a page that contains coolite tab controls and inside the tab panels there are some other non-coolite controls.

Check the size of the Page ViewState you're loading and ensure it's as small as possible. I've you're pushing a big block of ViewState back and forth between the browser/server you might get a momentary blank screen as the ViewState submits back to the server.

...some other non-coolite controls
    Can you provide a simplified code sample demonstrating the issue. It's a bit hard to tell exactly what might be causing problems and/or how to optimize.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I just happened to stumble upon this thread again and I have another tip to try...

If you're testing if FireFox with Firebug installed, please be aware that Firebug is known to cause extjs scripts to load slower as Firebug parses the scripts on page load. You might see a speed increase by disabling Firebug.

Thought this might help.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; May 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hi George,

The <iframe> reload issue is caused by a "feature" ;) of FireFox.

You can avoid the reload by setting the AnimCollapse property on the <ext:Panel> to "false".
    This seems to work for expanding and collapsing using the button. What about when you expand and collapse in the hover mode by clicking on the body of a vertically collapsed panel ( like the East region of the border layout ). Both chrome and firefox try to reload the iframe.