[CLOSED] Ajax request times out

[CLOSED] Ajax request times out

Hi I am using the restful service in my application . In one of my ASP.Net pages, I am calling this service method using ajax proxy and this times out.

It is wierd because all of the other pages work fine where they call the same service and there is no timeout.

Only this page times out and gives "Request failure. Communication error.

Can you pls explain what could be the reason?

And I am sure that the service method call is simple and follows same pattern in other pages. Also the method is simple. Just returns some json data.

Thanks,
    Veda
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Try to increase the Timeout on the DirectEvent or DirectMethod configuration.

You might also need to override the default ASP.NET Request Timeout, which can be done in the Web.config.

When you debug the Request, where is the delay happening? on the server in the service method?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Try to increase the Timeout on the DirectEvent or DirectMethod configuration.

You might also need to override the default ASP.NET Request Timeout, which can be done in the Web.config.

When you debug the Request, where is the delay happening? on the server in the service method?
    Hey geoffrey,

yes, The delay happens in the service side due to which the response rendered is delayed.

And Yes, I did increase the time out in web config and in the ajax proxy request it works fine.

btw, what could be the reason that this is happening suddenly ? Is it something to do with ajax requests specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowjanya View Post
    btw, what could be the reason that this is happening suddenly ? Is it something to do with ajax requests specifically?
    Hard to say.

Could you answer this question?
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    It is wierd because all of the other pages work fine where they call the same service and there is no timeout.
    How do you call the service from other pages where no timeout issue?