ext.ux

ext.ux

I'm an ext developer, who heard your product mentioned at extjs conf09. I installed it, and am amazed at how fast I can put an ext app together. I was wondering how much customization can be done, along the lines of using user extensions, and extending classes. I'd like to start using this to develop with, but I can't lose the customization I'm used to with native javascript/extjs.

The first thing I notice I'm using, that I can't duplicate is a treegrid. I have used the extjs example for columntree in several places in an internal application. There is also a user extension called ext.ux.treegrid by maximgb I have used a couple of places.

just wondering.
    bsmokeman

RE: ext.ux

Hi*bsmokeman,

Thanks for the feedback!

There's several ux widgets (Desktop, FileUploadField, Portal) in the main Coolite.Ext.Web project that have been converted into asp.net controls that could be used a starting basis to develop your own controls.*

The TreeGrid has been on our list for a while, but as of today we've not been able to implement it as a control. I think the TreeGrid might be a tricky widget to implement because of it's complexity and databinding... although that's just a guess.*

There's also the coolite-ux-toolkit project on GoogleCode (http://code.google.com/p/coolite-ux-toolkit/) which contains the GMapPanel and few other goodies.*

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: ext.ux

great!so if we were determined enough to, we could use the examples to develop our own(and contribute them back to the community?)

how would we get started?