Ajax Event Confirmation Tag

Ajax Event Confirmation Tag

Greetings.

I have a problem with the confirmation tag for a button's ajax event. The confirmation box appears, but when you click "Yes" to confirm, I receive the following exception in a client-side popup window:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Coolite.Ext.Web.ScriptManager.FireAsyncEvent(String eventName, ParameterCollection extraParams) +109
    Coolite.Ext.Web.ScriptManager.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +2138
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +175
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565
    Here is my button:
    <ext:Button ID="btnCancel" Enabled="true" IconCls="icon-cancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server">
          <AjaxEvents>
                <Click OnEvent="btnCancel_Click" Success="storeActiveTasks.load(); btnCancel.disable();">
                        <Confirmation ConfirmRequest="true" Title="Confirmation" Message="Cancel this task?"/>  
                </Click>
          </AjaxEvents>
    </ext:Button>
    Any thoughts on what could be wrong? All the other events in my page work just fine, so I don't believe there's an issue with the script manager; however, the stack trace seems to hint otherwise.

Notes:
    - I am using a master page.
    - If I remove the confirmation tag, the ajax event works just fine.

Thanks,
    -Koz

RE: Ajax Event Confirmation Tag

Hi,

Can you show full example which reproduces the error? I can't reproduce the exception therefore I need your sample

Hmmm, I won't be able to post the whole thing, but I will try to come up with a smaller example for you.

Thanks.

k, I tried to come up with as simple of an example as I could, but still maintain similar code-paths as my actual application, and I still receive an error.

Master Page:

<%@ Master Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="StandardPageMaster.master.vb" Inherits="TestCooliteConfirm.StandardPageMaster" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" Namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body id="MasterBody">
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <ext:ScriptManager ID="extScriptMgr" runat="server" IDMode="Static"></ext:ScriptManager>

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="body" runat="server">     
        </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    And a form:

frmMain.aspx
    <%@ Page Title="" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/StandardPageMaster.Master" CodeBehind="frmMain.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestCooliteConfirm.frmMain" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" Namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" TagPrefix="ext" %>
    <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="body" runat="server">
        <ext:Panel>
            <TopBar>
                <ext:Toolbar runat="server">
                    <Items>
                          <ext:Button ID="btnCancel" Enabled="true" IconCls="icon-cancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server">
                                <AjaxEvents>
                                    <Click OnEvent="btnCancel_Click">
                                         <Confirmation ConfirmRequest="true" Title="Confirmation" Message="Are you sure you want to delete this task?" />
                                         <EventMask Msg="Cancelling..." ShowMask="true" MinDelay="500" />                   
                                    </Click>                    
                                </AjaxEvents>
                            </ext:Button>

</Items>
                </ext:Toolbar>

</TopBar>
        </ext:Panel>

</asp:Content>
    frmMain.aspx.vb
    Imports Coolite.Ext.Web

Partial Public Class frmMain
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

<Coolite.Ext.Web.AjaxMethod()> _
       Public Sub btnCancel_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As AjaxEventArgs)
            If Debugger.IsAttached Then Debugger.Break()
        End Sub
    End Class

With this setup, I get an exception when I click the "Cancel" button.
    However, if I remove the Confirmation Tag from the event, it works as expected.

Thanks again.
    -akozmic

Hi,

For me your sample works fine. What version do you use?

P.S. AjaxMethod attribute is not required for AajxEvent handler

*The assembly shows:* 0.8.0.15573

Thanks.

FIXED: We upgraded our coolite dlls this afternoon, and the problem no longer exists.

Thanks for your help!