[CLOSED] Info/Suggestion on ExtJS listener exception management and client page/event lifetyme

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] Info/Suggestion on ExtJS listener exception management and client page/event lifetyme

Hello,

I am experiencing the following behavior of the listeners, and I would like to understand better if we're doing it wrong or if this is by "design".

See the attached script.

Let's assume the following:
    - we have a complex page that dynamically loads different parts through AJAX (modules) PartialViewResults,
    - suppose we would like to track the "added" event of the container itself (a subclasses Panel).
    - the function attached on the "added" listener breaks for some unhandled exception

I verified that the behavior on the page is absolutely unexpected. The complete page composition is broken (nothing is displayed).

It seems that firing listeners, when exceptions aren't managed with a try/catch block... it breaks the entire rendering/layout logic...

Is there any workaround apart adding a try/catch to any listener implementation? I am concerned about breaking an entire portal when a single module throws an exception in one of its handlers.

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immagine 2.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	7625  
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]