layout problem with windows scaling at 125%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

layout problem with windows scaling at 125%

Hi

What can I do against layout problems when the user has set a scaling factor of 125% in Windows? Or what do I have to avoid/rely on when layouting to avoid such a problem?

Thanks for any insight, link and tips on this matter.

best regards.
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 14, 2014 at 4:14 AM. Reason: Opened
    Hi @tMp,

Bad news:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post93598

Sometimes it is fixable. If you can provide us with a sample, we could investigate. Though, no promise.
    I think I wasn't clear enough. I didn't mean the zoom factor of a browser. With all these high dpi LCDs Windows it self is often installed with a zoom factor of "125%" and then it crashes my layout in FF or Chrome. If I go back to 100% in Windows everything is fine but the users complain about the small icons etc. Perhaps it is the same error in the end... I have to examine that further, when exactly it happens and when not. Just hope someone could give me a jump start ;)

Thank you, I will post back, when I find something new...
    Do you mean that Windows sets up zoom for the browsers? Or is it some setting on the OS level?
    Yes, if you click your right mouse button on the desktop (win 7 or 8) -> screen resolution -> make text or other items smaller or larger -> then you can switch 100% - 125% - 150%.
    Seems I don't have such an option in my Windows 7 Home Premium... So, I cannot test:(
    mmmm. I think that must exist in your version too. Try: Control Panel -> Appearence and Personalization -> Adjust Screen Resolution and then click below on the link "make text and other items larger or smaller". I hope you find it like that.
    Found it, thanks. This helped as well.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...or-smaller?v=t

Now I need a test case to reproduce:)
    Ah good. Will try to make a small one but need some time. Hopefully next week. As I said I don't know exactly when it occurs so I have to find the culprit first. Will keep you posted.

Have a nice weekend!
    Already closed I see ;)

But nevertheless, here you go as promise. If you have 100% on Windows 7 / 8.1 you have 5 columns. If you switch to 125% the layout gets distorted.

Thank you for your help.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<script runat="server">

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
            {

}
        }

</script>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head id="Head" runat="server">
        <title></title>

</head>
    <body>
        <form id="Form" runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" Locale="de-CH" />

<div style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; width: 1200px">

<ext:Panel runat="server" Title="Code" AnimCollapse="true" Collapsible="true" TitleCollapse="true" Layout="ColumnLayout" StyleSpec="marginTop:10px">
                    <Items>
                        <ext:Checkbox runat="server" BoxLabel="box 1" ColumnWidth="0.2" Padding="10"></ext:Checkbox>
                        <ext:Checkbox runat="server" BoxLabel="box 2" ColumnWidth="0.2" Padding="10"></ext:Checkbox>
                        <ext:Checkbox runat="server" BoxLabel="box 3" ColumnWidth="0.2" Padding="10"></ext:Checkbox>
                        <ext:Checkbox runat="server" BoxLabel="box 4" ColumnWidth="0.2" Padding="10"></ext:Checkbox>
                        <ext:Checkbox runat="server" BoxLabel="box 5" ColumnWidth="0.2" Padding="10"></ext:Checkbox>
                    </Items>
                </ext:Panel>

</div>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast