[CLOSED] Gridpanel Print Column Adjustment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Gridpanel Print Column Adjustment

I am using one of the new feature of EXT.NET and printing my grids very easily. I used to create a pdf file, save it and have user download it (a lot of work...) i loved the new print feature of gridpanel but have one question.

Before i print the gridpanel how can i adjust the column size and/or disable desired columns on the printed page....
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    You can specify columnFilter
    grid.print({
        columnFilter: function (column) {
                //return false here if the column should be excluded from printing
        }
    });
    also you can specify 'columnsWidth' array
    columnsWidth: [100, 200, 400]
    I applied the code that you gave me but i could not get it work, it s still bringing me the column that i have filtered....

<ext:GridPanel runat="server" ID="printpanel" AutoScroll="true" Hidden="true" Header="false">

<Store>
                                    <ext:Store ID="store3" AutoSync="false" runat="server" DataSourceID="dtsSelectedItems">
                                        <Model>
                                            <ext:Model runat="server" ID="model7" IDProperty="ORD_PRT_ID" Name="Items">
                                                <Fields>
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="LineNumber" Type="Int"></ext:ModelField>

<ext:ModelField Name="ORD_QUANTITY" Type="String" />

<ext:ModelField Name="PRT_MANF_CODE" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="OrdItemStatusTypeName" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="PRT_NAME" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="PRT_DESC" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="PRT_VENDOR_NAME" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="UOM_NAME" Type="String" />
                                                    <ext:ModelField Name="PRT_COMMENT" Type="String" />

</Fields>
                                            </ext:Model>
                                        </Model>
                                    </ext:Store>
                                </Store>

<ColumnModel runat="server" ID="ColumnModel2">
                                    <Columns>

<ext:Column  runat="server" ID="column34" DataIndex="LineNumber" Hidden="False" Width="35" Text="Line#">

</ext:Column>

<ext:Column runat="server" ID="column38" DataIndex="OrdItemStatusTypeName" Width="60"
                                            Text="Approval">

<ext:Column runat="server" ID="column40" DataIndex="PRT_MANF_CODE" Flex="2" Text="Manf. Part #">
                                        <ext:Column runat="server" ID="column41" Flex="4" DataIndex="PRT_NAME" Text="Item">
                                        <ext:Column runat="server" ID="column42" Flex="4" DataIndex="PRT_DESC" Text="Description">
                                        <%--DataIndex="PRT_VENDOR_NAME"--%>
                                        <ext:Column DataIndex="PRT_VENDOR_NAME" runat="server" ID="column43" Flex="2" Text="Vendor">
                                        <ext:Column runat="server" ID="column44" Flex="1" DataIndex="ORD_QUANTITY" Align="Center" Text="Qty">

<ext:Column runat="server" ID="column45" Flex="1" DataIndex="UOM_NAME" Align="Center" Text="UOM">

</Columns>
                                </ColumnModel>

<View>

<ext:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" StripeRows="false">
                                        <%--    <GetRowClass Fn="Coloring" FormatHandler="true" ></GetRowClass>--%>
                                    </ext:GridView>

</View>

<Buttons>
                                </Buttons>

<SelectionModel>
                                    <ext:CheckboxSelectionModel RowSpan="1" ID="CheckboxSelectionModel2" Mode="Multi" />

</SelectionModel>
                                <Plugins>
                                    <ext:CellEditing ID="CellEditing2" runat="server">
                                    </ext:CellEditing>
                                </Plugins>

</ext:GridPanel>
    And here is the code under my print button
                                    <ext:Button ID="btnGridPrint" runat="server" Text="Material R. Form" Icon="Printer" Handler="#{printpanel}.print({columnFilter: function(column40){'False'}});" />
    Your handler is incorrect, you sould use something similar
    #{printpanel}.print({columnFilter: function(c){return c.dataIndex != "PRT_MANF_CODE";}});
    I do not understand the
     function(c)
    do i need to create a javacript function ?
    Yes, columnFilter is javascript function which accepts column as argument, you have to return false from that function if the column should not be printed
    Do you have that function ? any example please ?
    That function depends from your bussines logic, please see my post with example of possible function
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...l=1#post125209
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...l=1#post125209[/QUOTE]

Link you gave me is redirecting to this page again... I can t see the function example
    Well, Vladimir refers to the post #4 of this thread where he posted a possible solution for you. You can use that code as a Button's Handler.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast