[CLOSED] Window-->Tab Panel has several tabs, each loading same Child Page...... I want to call JS function in child from Window

[CLOSED] Window-->Tab Panel has several tabs, each loading same Child Page...... I want to call JS function in child from Window

Hi,
    I have a bit of an issue.
    I have a window, inside I have a tab panel. The tabpanel loads a child panels defined on page load, with different parameters to represent different content for each tab.
    In the child page, I have a js function SaveModifiedRecords, which in turn calls an App.direct function that calls a method on the server in the Child Page.

How, from the button defined on the Very top window ( the one hosting the TabPanel) , can I call this for the correct tab (activeTab)?

I tried getting the body of the active Tab:

App.ContentPlaceHolder1_TabPanel1.getBody().SaveMo difiedRecords.call() <-- NO LOVE

I tried getting the tabpanel specifically:

App.ContentPlaceHolder1_SubTab213.getBody().SaveMo difiedRecords.call() <-- NO LOVE

How can I get to the body of a panel, who's content is loaded via a loader..so I can call a Javascript function in it?

The panels in the tab are defined as so:
    private Panel CreatePanel(DebtLeverageSubsidiary sub)
            {
                string loadingString = (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(sub.Title)) ? "Loading Maturity Schedule for " + sub.Title + "..." : "Loading Maturity Schedule..";

Ext.Net.Panel panel = new Ext.Net.Panel
                {
                    Border = false,
                    Title = sub.Title,
                    ID = "SubTab" + sub.DebtLeverageSubsidiaryId.ToString(),
                    Height = 390,
                    BodyStyle = "background-color:transparent;",
                    Loader = new ComponentLoader
                    {
                        LoadMask =
                        {
                            Msg = loadingString,
                            ShowMask = true
                        },
                        AutoLoad = true,
                        Mode = LoadMode.Frame,
                        DisableCaching = true,
                        Url = "MaturityEditor.aspx",
                        Params =  
                           {
                                 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "bsId",bsId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
                                 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "portId",portId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
                                 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "subId",sub.DebtLeverageSubsidiaryId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
                                 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "year",year.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
                                 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "quarter",quarter.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw )  
                           }
                    }
                };
                return panel;
            }
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Calling the following will get you an instance of the Child Page:

App.ContentPlaceHolder1_SubTab213.getBody()
    Then you need to call the path to the DirectMethod, which should be the following:

App.direct.SaveModifiedRecords()
    Putting it all together, the following should work:

App.ContentPlaceHolder1_SubTab213.getBody().App.direct.SaveModifiedRecords()
    Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    The above is assuming "ContentPlaceHolder1_SubTab213" is the client-side ID of the Tab.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    The above is assuming "ContentPlaceHolder1_SubTab213" is the client-side ID of the Tab.

Hi Geoff:
    Calling:
    alert(App.ContentPlaceHoolder1_SubTab213.getBody() ) returns undefined....

returned:

Here is how the tabPanel panels are rendered:
    private Panel CreatePanel(DebtLeverageSubsidiary sub)
    		{
    			string loadingString = (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(sub.Title)) ? "Loading Maturity Schedule for " + sub.Title + "..." : "Loading Maturity Schedule..";

Ext.Net.Panel panel = new Ext.Net.Panel
    			{
    				Border = false,
    				Title = sub.Title,
    				ID = "SubTab" + sub.DebtLeverageSubsidiaryId.ToString(),
    				Height = 390,
    				BodyStyle = "background-color:transparent;",
    				Loader = new ComponentLoader
    				{
    					LoadMask =
    					{
    						Msg = loadingString,
    						ShowMask = true
    					},
    					AutoLoad = true,
    					Mode = LoadMode.Frame,
    					DisableCaching = true,
    					Url = "MaturityEditor.aspx",
    					Params =  
    					   {
    							 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "bsId",bsId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
    							 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "portId",portId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
    							 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "subId",sub.DebtLeverageSubsidiaryId.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
    							 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "year",year.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw ),
    							 new Ext.Net.Parameter( "quarter",quarter.ToString(),Ext.Net.ParameterMode.Raw )  
    					   }
    				}
    			};
    			return panel;
    		}
    App.[ClientID].getBody() is what you need to call. Replace [ClientID] with the client-side ID of the component.

You should be able to get the client-side ID of the component by calling .ClientID on that Component, after it has been added to the Controls Collection of the Page.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    App.[ClientID].getBody() is what you need to call. Replace [ClientID] with the client-side ID of the component.

You should be able to get the client-side ID of the component by calling .ClientID on that Component, after it has been added to the Controls Collection of the Page.

Got it.

Just had to call:
    App.ContentPlaceHolder1_TabPanel1.getActiveTab().getBody().SaveModifiedRecordsMat().
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 10, 2014 at 6:14 AM. Reason: Please use [CODE] tags