[CLOSED] Trouble with modal mode

[CLOSED] Trouble with modal mode

Hi

I am sorry for not having a working example yet for this problem - I just can't really isolate it so I hope that perhaps anyone can lead me on the right track. In the meantime I have to strip down my application to get the problem isolated.

What I have:
    A am creating a window in code behind that has several tabpanels and in the last of them are 3 gridpanels (one with a command column). this window is created by a direct method and is shown using modal = true.

The Problem:
    When I just show the window and close it again. The modal mode stays on and I can do anything with the website under it. If I click on the last panel to see the 3 gridpanels and then close the window everything is working fine. Until now I could isolate it to the command column in the third gridpanel. As soon as I comment it out everything works alright. I already tried to make a single example but so far everything in that one is working too. It has to be a very special setting.

Any help or tips? I will post a working "non-working" example as soon as I can strip the whole app down.

thank you very much and best regards.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 16, 2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    The modal mode stays on and I can do anything with the website under it.
    I'm not sure I completely understand the situation here, but are you saying the Window closes, but the full page mask is not removed? and you are able to modify elements under the mask?

A sample demonstrating how to reproduce will certainly help narrow down the problem.

If you run the app with Firefox + Firebug, are there any JavaScript errors or exceptions being thrown during this process?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi Geoffrey,

Sorry, there was a typo in the sentence. The full page mask is not removed and I can't modify any elements under the mask. So the user has to reload the whole page again to go on...

I know, I am working on an example to show it but I have to strip the whole application down because when I try to reproduce it from bottom up I don't get that error. I will also have a look what firebug means, when I run it. Will report back asap...
    Quote Originally Posted by tMp View Post
    I know, I am working on an example to show it but I have to strip the whole application down because when I try to reproduce it from bottom up I don't get that error.
    Yes, sometimes it is difficult to create a sample. If you can share access to your application online, it might help us to understand the problem. This way you might avoid the work on a sample. Though, sometimes online samples don't help us to understand the problem. In this case we will still request a simple sample to be posted here.
    Please don't close this issue yet. I am still trying to narrow down the error for an example. Unfortunately it is a core application and I have to strip it down completly.

Thank you!
    There is a JavaScript error.
    TypeError: this.grid is undefined
    I think the mask is not hidden because of that error.

The error occurs due to a bug in Ext.NET. We are investigating. Here is a simplified test case.

The key points:

1. A GridPanel has a CommandColumn or a ComponentColumn.
    2. Call a GridPanel's destroy when a GridPanel is not rendered yet.

Example
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Destroy" Handler="App.GridPanel1.destroy();" />

<ext:TabPanel runat="server">
                <Items>
                    <ext:Panel runat="server" Title="Tab 1" />

<ext:GridPanel ID="GridPanel1" runat="server" Title="Tab 2">
                        <Store>
                            <ext:Store runat="server">
                                <Model>
                                    <ext:Model runat="server">
                                        <Fields>
                                            <ext:ModelField Name="test" />
                                        </Fields>
                                    </ext:Model>
                                </Model>
                            </ext:Store>
                        </Store>
                        <ColumnModel runat="server">
                            <Columns>
                                <ext:Column runat="server" Text="Test" DataIndex="test" />
                                <ext:CommandColumn runat="server" />
                                <ext:ComponentColumn runat="server" />
                            </Columns>
                        </ColumnModel>
                    </ext:GridPanel>
                </Items>
            </ext:TabPanel>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Fixed in the SVN trunk, revision #5606. It will go to the v2.5 release.

Thank you for the test case!
    Thank you for the solution and sorry again for the long time it took me to deliver a working example.

best regards.
    No problem. Sorry for the bugs in Ext.NET:)