Same-named Public DirectMethods in multiple UserControls does not exception or warn

Same-named Public DirectMethods in multiple UserControls does not exception or warn

I used the following DirectMethod attribute (which if I understand correctly makes it public).
        [DirectMethod( IDMode = DirectMethodProxyIDMode.None, ShowMask = true )]
    And yeah, in that case there is no warning or exception if the same DirectMethod name/declaration is duplicated in multiple UserControls. I have ResourceManager.CleanResourceUrl=true in my use-case.

See http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...446#post123446 for details.
    Hi @michaeld,

We cannot determine it in all the cases. User controls can be rendered dynamically. How can we know there is already such a DirectMethod on client? Maybe, we could store a list of rendered DirectMethods on server and check it before rendering a new one. But is it really worth to do that?

If a developer uses
    IDMode = DirectMethodProxyIDMode.None
    he should be aware that it will be overridden. As you are.
    Honestly, yeah, this isn't that big a big deal. Though I still think it would be really great if each control with the same public name did raise its own postback.

I thought you had wanted me to post this in a separate thread.
    Added to the Agenda of our next team meeting.