[CLOSED] Performance: DataSource options

[CLOSED] Performance: DataSource options

Last edited by Daniil; Jan 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @jamesand,

I think there is no any significant difference in performance between applying an object directly to a Store's DataSource or using LinqDataSource. Internally, the data extracted by LinqDataSource is going to a Store's DataSource anyway.

There are two bottlenecks in your scenario.

1. Getting the data from the database. There is no special things in Ext.NET to work with the databases.

2. Client side rendering of the GridPanel. It depends on rows*columns. I see 10 columns in your sample. Such the amount should not be a problem. How many rows could appear in your GridPanel? Also I see a CommandColumn. If possible, it is better to use an ImageCommandColumn. It provides almost the same functionality, but much more lightweight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    2. Client side rendering of the GridPanel. It depends on rows*columns. I see 10 columns in your sample. Such the amount should not be a problem. How many rows could appear in your GridPanel? Also I see a CommandColumn. If possible, it is better to use an ImageCommandColumn. It provides almost the same functionality, but much more lightweight.
    Thank you Daniil for your response.

The thing is that We've developed an app with several panels, similar to https://examples2.ext.net/#/Portal/Basic/Deluxe/, and there are so several gridpanels. Some of them with a few records, some of them with about 20000 records (the one of the example).

I read that it is better to use remote paging if the number of records is high. But, if using remote paging we have to use remote filtering to filter all records, not only the ones in the current page, isn't it?

We will modify the CommandColumn as you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesand View Post
    I read that it is better to use remote paging if the number of records is high.
    Yes, 20000 records is too heavyweight for a browser. And yes again, organizing remote paging is a good way to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesand View Post
    But, if using remote paging we have to use remote filtering to filter all records, not only the ones in the current page, isn't it?
    Exactly. Remote filtering is the only solution in that case.