[CLOSED] Best practice: Form Textarea / textfield with HTML or XML data using DirectMethod

[CLOSED] Best practice: Form Textarea / textfield with HTML or XML data using DirectMethod

Hi guys,

I was wondering what's the best way to submit xml or html code from a formfield into the database (through DirectMethod).

At this moment I create a copy of the fieldvalue (encoded) into a Hidden field before submitting the form and use that hidden field as my source:

#{hdnCommentaarEncoded}.setValue(Ext.util.Format.htmlEncode(#{taCommentaar}.getValue()))
    Is there a simpler or cleaner way to do this ? An attribute on the object itself would be fine (Encoded="true") :)

Martin
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 07, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Martin,

You could send the values via ExtraParams instead of using additional Hidden fields. Although, it doesn't look much simpler and cleaner.

Anyway, I don't see any built-in possibility to do it. Your solution is quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi Martin,

You could send the values via ExtraParams instead of using additional Hidden fields. Although, it doesn't look much simpler and cleaner.

Anyway, I don't see any built-in possibility to do it. Your solution is quite good.
    Okay Daniil... I will keep it this way. Thanks for the info.

Martin