Clear selection in dropdownfield

Clear selection in dropdownfield

How to clear the selection in a drop down field on the client? Like in the mobile device the little "x" beside the drop down to clear it.

I have two drop down fields, one with checkboxes (multi select) and one without (single select), I found this post (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...rop-down-field) with the following code:

<Click Handler="#{DropDownField}.component.cascade(function(item){if(item.isXType('checkbox')){item.setValue(false);}})" />
    But it didn't work, then I tried to use this example (https://examples2.ext.net/#/Form/Dro...alueText_Mode/) with the following code:

<Click Handler="#{DropDownField}.component.getSelectionModel().deselectAll();" />
    But it didn't work too.
    Hello!

Can you provide a sample to reproduce? Usually, component argument gives you internal component of the DropDownField. So to clear it's selection you should call appropriate to the inner control method.
    Hello

Thanks for the reply, for the moment we have put everything in a formpanel and we use a reset button to clear them.
    If I find some time, I will create an example and post it, at the moment I haven't time to look for a better solution.