Gridpanel containg comboboxeditor and dataindex as a Class and datafetch for combo deepnding upon the selected row value.

Gridpanel containg comboboxeditor and dataindex as a Class and datafetch for combo deepnding upon the selected row value.

Hello,

I am using a coolite gridpanel. In that I am using a combobox editor. I created 2 stores one for gridPanel data and another for Combobox data.

The store1 fetches data which contains some of the fields as classes. For one of the column, I have to display the combobox for which the dataIndex is a class.

The data for both stores are coming from the database. The parameter required to fetch the data to populate combobox requires the value from one of the columns in the selected row of grid.

I have gone thr' the fieldmapping and editor mapping examples.

Please let me know how to deal with this.

Thanks in advance,
    Nivedita

RE: Gridpanel containg comboboxeditor and dataindex as a Class and datafetch for combo deepnding upon the selected row value.

I am currently working on this. So far I have the first combobox populated from stock data ... while the second is dependent on the selection of the first. This of course gets complicated because of the row.

Here is the biggest break through so far which is not so great but helpful. Set the SelectionModel to SingleSelect. This way you can test which row is selected. Therefore you know which row is currently under focus. Now i have seen a scenario once or twice that this has failed on but its what i have thus far.