[CLOSED] Grid multiselect bug

[CLOSED] Grid multiselect bug

*Please check this example...

https://examples1.ext.net/Examples/G...rayWithPaging/

Select 2 rows using Control key and click one of the selected items (without pressing Control) now the selection should change to just the latest clicked item.

It seems to be a bug if not, please let me know how to change this behaviour!

Thanks!

EDIT:

It's also a ExtJs Bug....
    http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/exam...rray-grid.html

RE: [CLOSED] Grid multiselect bug

Hi,

I don't think that is a bug. It is correct behaviour. A row can be deselect by clicking on it with Ctrl key only.
    You can change this behaviour using this grid listener
    *<RowClick Handler="if(!e.ctrlKey){this.getSelectionModel().clearSelections();this.getSelectionModel().selectRow(rowIndex, false);}" />

I respectfully disagree. Clicking on a single row in an array of selected rows, should deselect all other rows and only select that newly selected single row. This is how ALL grid controls work on the market. I found this to be a problem with the core Ext grid object so I posted there as well. This definitely is a problem Check out any grid on the market and make multiple selection, and then select a single row within that selection, and all other rows will deselect. It is completely unintuitive to the end user to have to first select the CTRL key to deselect a row. This definitely needs to be fixed. What would an ETA on something like this be? I mentioned this prior to v.8 but no one responded to my post.

@dbassett74 - Vladimir posted a <CellClick> Listener above which will change the default functionality. Did it not work for you?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Yes it works but it's a bug, it shouldn't be needed to add this listener to get the default behaviour

All the grids everywhere works as I mentioned before.

Bye!

juanpablo.belli@huddle.com.ar (6/7/2009)Yes it works but it's a bug, it shouldn't be needed to add this listener to get the default behaviour

All the grids everywhere works as I mentioned before.

Bye!
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. The folks at Ext are also not accepting that this is a bug. IT IS! As you state, all grids work this way. Do you have Yahoo! Email?? It works there....

But alas, if this is the only option and if it works, which I haven't tried yet, I guess it will do...

Ok, I've changed the default functionality of the RowSelectionModel as discussed in this thread. This code has been committed to SVN and will be publicly available with the next release.

@dbassett74 - can you post a link to the extjs thread you're referencing?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

That's really great and I appreciate you reconsidering this. So I assume this will make it in v.9, right? Here is the link to the Ext forum post: http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70588

Thanks again!