Sencha Touch?

Sencha Touch?

What do you think of sencha touch support in ext.net?
    Does it make senes or it is better to use HTML/CSS/JS coding and use webserver in backend?
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco77 View Post
    What do you think of sencha touch support in ext.net?
    Does it make senes or it is better to use HTML/CSS/JS coding and use webserver in backend?
    Hello,

At this time an Ext.NET version of Sencha Touch is not available. We hope to offer in the future, although it is not being worked on at this point.

Hope this helps answer your question.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hope this helps answer your question.
    Thanks for the reply. It almost partially answers. I would like to ask something more.

I read that may be a Sencha touch version will be out in the future, but while it is quite clear that the Exj Js version (even if I didn't try it yet) is a nice asp.net add on, will it be the same for a touch application?

Please consider it a newbie question.

As far as i know these are the possible scenarios for a touch application:
    1) asp.net application using Touch components (such as Ext.net for touch)
    2) native app
    3) HTML/CSS/JS app ("eventually phonegapped") that calls some webservices for data

So are we sure that (1) is the way to go?

As i said before please consier it a newbie question, any info you give me is valuable for me.

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco77 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It almost partially answers. I would like to ask something more.

I read that may be a Sencha touch version will be out in the future, but while it is quite clear that the Exj Js version (even if I didn't try it yet) is a nice asp.net add on, will it be the same for a touch application?

Please consider it a newbie question.

As far as i know these are the possible scenarios for a touch application:
    1) asp.net application using Touch components (such as Ext.net for touch)
    2) native app
    3) HTML/CSS/JS app ("eventually phonegapped") that calls some webservices for data

So are we sure that (1) is the way to go?

As i said before please consier it a newbie question, any info you give me is valuable for me.

Thanks again.
    Unfortunately at this time we cannot provide Sencha Touch advice. It might be better to ask about architecture in the Sencha forums.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Unfortunately at this time we cannot provide Sencha Touch advice. It might be better to ask about architecture in the Sencha forums.
    Thanks for the reply, I am not worried about the sencha touch architecture, i just would like to have if possible a comment from an expert about the 3 alternatives i listed before.
    Some time ago Sencha Touch has been sort of merged into Ext JS 6 and now it is available as Ext.NET Mobile Beta.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?61329
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 03, 2016 at 1:41 PM.