Missing JSON object

Missing JSON object

I use this call in a javascript function and it works while debugging in Visual Studio 2012 but not when deployed to a Win2008R2 Server running IIS 7.5

var data = JSON.parse(params);
    The error is JSON is undefined.

I am using the latest Ext from NuGet which has placed these scripts in my page...

<script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/extjs/ext-all-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/extnet/extnet-all-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/extnet/locale/ext-lang-en-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/ux/boxreorderer/boxreorderer-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/ux/tabscrollermenu/tabscrollermenu-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/ux/clearbutton/clearbutton-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="/dei/ux/filterheader/filterheader-js/ext.axd?v=41036"></script>
    I also tried to switch the call to $.parseJSON(params) and that also works in the debugger but not when deployed.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to look for next?
    Hello!

Can you check that the browser download all these script files. Also, you can use Ext.JSON: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.1.3/#!/api/Ext.JSON
    ExtJS has no JSON, there is Ext.JSON
    var data = Ext.JSON.decode(params);