[CLOSED] Conceptual Async Operations Question

[CLOSED] Conceptual Async Operations Question

I have a couple of combo boxes on a page which help select criteria for a database operation on a button click using a DirectMethod.

There are 2 operations that will run. 1 is a summary operation. The other is grabbing some data rows.

The summary operation will populate a couple of display fields with it's results.

The second operation will load data into a grid panel.

The summary operation takes about 10 seconds. The row retrieval about 1-2 seconds. (Nothing I can do about that now, large datasets) (Only returning 10 records at a time)

I would like for the operations to be executed at the same time and when they are finished to respectively update the controls I want them to.

I have created a simplified case using Thread.Sleep to mimic the DB ops. (Direct Method calls a function that kicks off those 2 ops)

And 2 display fields that will update when each operation completes, independently.

I can't seem to figure out how to make them run asynchronously. (Display Fields get updated at the same time, when both ops complete)

This may be outside the scope of Ext.Net but maybe you could suggest some ways?

I was reading the book this morning and it was talking about web services a bit, would this be a way to do this?

Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 01, 2013 at 5:04 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @Rob,

First of all, welcome to the Ext.NET forums!

As for your question, please follow this:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post72625