[CLOSED] .NET 4.5.1, Visual Studio 2013 and ASP.NET MVC 5 support?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anup View Post
    I noticed you've recently checked in a Visual Studio 2013 solution with various commented out bits for MVC4 and MVC5 in the Ext.NET MVC Examples Explorer web.config.
    You outran me:) I was going to update the thread with this information.

1) Have you noticed the default Ext.NET aspx page being rather sluggish/choppy to show the notification in the bottom corner when submitting a message in the main window? I find that to be the case in IE11, Firefox latest and Chrome latest (at that point didn't check older versions!).

For me, it turned out that the new (and neat) feature in Visual Studio, Browser Link, was the culprit.

As FYI, amongst various other ways to disable it, I put this into my web.config:

<add key="vs:EnableBrowserLink" value="false"/>
    After that, the page was a lot smoother. More background info here:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/archi...view-2013.aspx
    Thank for the info. We will play with that feature.

2) In the project I created - an Empty ASP.NET Web Application - I had selected everything: ASPX, MVC5, Web API. In doing so it brought in a reference to Json.NET 5.0.6, whereas Ext.NET ships with 5.0.8. So, I removed the in-built reference and referenced your one instead (because of the error I would get as mentioned in an earlier post).

I am guessing if ever I did a NuGet package update for the ASP.NET stuff, it may overwrite the 5.0.8 Json.NET with their one...? But this is probably a minor issue. Since my earlier post I've unfortunately not had much further time to look into this in more detail. Are you aware of any issues regarding this? (I noticed you had a binding redirect in your sample MVC Examples Explorer web.config - I found I didn't need that as I just referenced the Json.NET version you compile against. I don't know if there was a better way for me to handle this version mismatch?)
    So, are you referring Ext.NET manually? Just if you install it via NuGet, it should install Json.NET 5.0.8 removing 5.0.6 accordingly.

Well, if you refer it manually, it should not be a problem to remove Json.NET manually as well:) Well, I think there is no better way since you need to refer it manually (not via NuGet).
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    So, are you referring Ext.NET manually? Just if you install it via NuGet, it should install Json.NET 5.0.8 removing 5.0.6 accordingly.

Well, if you refer it manually, it should not be a problem to remove Json.NET manually as well:) Well, I think there is no better way since you need to refer it manually (not via NuGet).
    Yeah. I am using the latest code, so I am compiling it manually, locally. But yeah, looks like using NuGet sorts it out in the easiest way.

Thanks for the info.
    But yeah, looks like using NuGet sorts it out in the easiest way.
    Yes, but it stops you to use Ext.NET from the SVN trunk...
    Yes, sorry I meant that as a general point. I will continue using the trunk :)
    Hello everyone!

@Vladimir tested Ext.NET 1.x with MVC5 and didn't have any problems. However, if you will have any problems feel free to update the thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12