[CLOSED] How add custom javascript object (like the FieldTrigger "tag") to ANY Ext.Net component?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] How add custom javascript object (like the FieldTrigger "tag") to ANY Ext.Net component?

Hi,
    we would like to track down to client some custom information on some component by adding a sort of "custom property" to some rendered Ext.Net components (like buttons for example) ?

As an example think about the "tag" property of the Ext.Net.TriggerField component.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 02, 2013 at 7:16 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @adrianot,

The Tag property should be available for any control (starting from the Component class), not just for a TriggerField. And it seems to be what you need.
    Hi Daniil,

you're right! Thank you for your answer and sorry for the mistake. I just realized that MenuCommand, SplitCommand MenuItem and other stuff aren't controls at all, that's why I don't find the "tag" attribute.

I undestand this is by design, so I am going to address the issue another way.

Thank you again,
    Cheers
    Yes, there aren't controls and there is no a simple possibility to assign custom JavaScript configs to it.

I am thinking of CommandColumn's CustomConfig or Tag or prepareToolbar. I mean they could be used to associate custom JavaScript configs with commands.

By the way, there is a SplitCommand's and a MenuCommand's CustomConfig in Ext.NET v2. Just FYI about v2.
    Hi Daniil, yes, I understand
    thank you again for the support.