[CLOSED] Get Textfield Value without submit

[CLOSED] Get Textfield Value without submit

Sorry if this might be a stupid question...

How can I get a TextField Value in code behind without having that textfield in a formpanel or submitting something.

I dont see any getValue() method, and .Text and .Value are just setters right?

The same applies for <ext:hidden>

<ext:TextField ID="TextFieldVerleihFahrer" runat="server" Note="Name des Fahrers" Height="60" Cls="TextBoxLarge" NoteCls="BiggerNode" ReadOnly="true" />
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 20, 2013 at 9:15 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @blueworld,

A TextField's Text is actual to set and get a value. If a user updates a TextField's input text in a browser, the only way to get it on server - submitting by means of something. So, I am not sure I understand the question. The same policy applies on a Hidden.

You can get the fields submitted automatically if put them into
    <form runat="server">
    Hi Daniil,

I am currently developing a barcode scanner application (borrowing and return system) with IdentKeys.

I have two textboxes that will have the borrowers or dispatchers name as a value after a succesfull scan.

The dispatcher has a timeout of 30 seconds, after that timeout the textbox gets cleared. So if an item is scanned, I need to check if this textbox still has a value or if the string is empty.

After every scan I am doing a grid reload, this grid shows all currently borrowed items of the borrower. If there is NO dispatcher or NO borrower currently assigned (values in the textboxes), the grid should not reload.

This is my current non-working if clause:

If String.IsNullOrEmpty(Me.TextFieldVerleihFahrer.Text) Or String.IsNullOrEmpty(Me.TextFieldVerleihDisponent.Text) Then Return
    Last edited by blueworld; Aug 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM.
    I can't say anything concrete. Could you, please, provide a test case?