[CLOSED] modal window mask issue

[CLOSED] modal window mask issue

Hi,

I have 2 windows within the same form, the first window is visible by default, but the second window is hidden=true

<form id="someid" runat="server">
     <ext:Window ID="window1" Icon="Table" Width="1000" Height="600" Cls="window" Border="true" Closable="false" Plain="false" Layout="BorderLayout" Resizable="false" Draggable="false">
       <%-- with many components --%>
    </ext:Window>
    <ext:Window ID="window2" runat="server" Title="" Icon="NoteEdit" Height="850" Width="680" BodyStyle="" BodyPadding="5" Hidden="true" Closable="false" Modal="true">
      <%-- a bunch of components here --%>
    </form>
    when I set "window2" visible with: window2.Show(); window2 shows up, but the mask covers both windows, however, if I separate both windows, each having its own form:

<form id="someid" runat="server">
     <ext:Window ID="window1" Icon="Table" Width="1000" Height="600" Cls="window" Border="true" Closable="false" Plain="false" Layout="BorderLayout" Resizable="false" Draggable="false">
       <%-- with many components --%>
    </form>
    <form id="form2">
    <ext:Window ID="window2" runat="server" Title="" Icon="NoteEdit" Height="850" Width="680" BodyStyle="" BodyPadding="5" Hidden="true" Closable="false" Modal="true">
      <%-- a bunch of components here --%>
    </form>
    then it works as I'd expect, the mask covering everything but the modal window.

Is this expected behavior or a bug?
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 20, 2013 at 9:12 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello!

Sorry, I don't see any difference between two samples. However, all components should be inside the form tag with the runat="server" attribute.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	6734
    Quote Originally Posted by Baidaly View Post
    Hello!

Sorry, I don't see any difference between two samples. However, all components should be inside the form tag with the runat="server" attribute.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	6734
    Yeah, without providing the actual code it would be difficult to reproduce.
    I found this code so I'm masking the first window manually:

<Listeners>
    <Show Handler="#{Window1}.mask();"></Show>
                       <Hide Handler="#{Window1}.unmask();"></Hide>
    </Listeners>
    I guess you misunderstood how to use mask method. This method puts a mask over this element to disable user interaction: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#...nt-method-mask

If you still experience this problem please provide full test case to reproduce and your scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baidaly View Post
    I guess you misunderstood how to use mask method. This method puts a mask over this element to disable user interaction: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#...nt-method-mask

If you still experience this problem please provide full test case to reproduce and your scenario.
    Thanks Baidaly,

Actually, I don't think we are understanding each other :)
    I know what the mask method does, the point is that I had to resort to that method in order to mask the first window manually; this, because when I set window2 to modal and call Show on window2, the mask covers both windows, not everything underneath window2 (which is the expected result).

I'll prepare a test case later in the day.

cheers.
    Yes, maybe a test case can clarify where is the problem. However, I recall we have one issue with modal mask, maybe it's your case: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?268382