GMap Support

GMap Support

Ext.Net looks like it would fit my development needs very well. Am an ASP.Net developer looking to add client-side functionality, but can't make the leap all at once.

Can see how to do most of what I need in my app. One thing I can't figure out is support for Google Maps. There is a GMapPanel in EXTJS 4 ... did some prototyping with the sample and works well. Seems like this was supported in Ext.Net at some point (in the Ext.Net.UX dll), but not sure if this is current.

In any case, can't find this dll and many references to it found in Google searches have been deleted.

When I tried downloading and building the Ext.Net.UX project, got errors: i.e. references to StateManagedItem could not be found.

Can't move forward with Ext.Net without getting this resolved.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by pevans360 View Post
    Ext.Net looks like it would fit my development needs very well. Am an ASP.Net developer looking to add client-side functionality, but can't make the leap all at once.

Can see how to do most of what I need in my app. One thing I can't figure out is support for Google Maps. There is a GMapPanel in EXTJS 4 ... did some prototyping with the sample and works well. Seems like this was supported in Ext.Net at some point (in the Ext.Net.UX dll), but not sure if this is current.

In any case, can't find this dll and many references to it found in Google searches have been deleted.

When I tried downloading and building the Ext.Net.UX project, got errors: i.e. references to StateManagedItem could not be found.

Can't move forward with Ext.Net without getting this resolved.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    At this point, the old v1.x Ext.Net.UX GMap component was not ported Ext.NET 2.0. There wasn't a lot of demand for the Component, and the old code-base required a major review.

Personally, I would just recommend using the pure JavaScript Google Maps API instead of relying on the ASP.NET Component port.

If there is some community support shown for porting GMap to Ext.NET 2.x, then we can take another look.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    At this point, the old v1.x Ext.Net.UX GMap component was not ported Ext.NET 2.0. There wasn't a lot of demand for the Component, and the old code-base required a major review.

Personally, I would just recommend using the pure JavaScript Google Maps API instead of relying on the ASP.NET Component port.

If there is some community support shown for porting GMap to Ext.NET 2.x, then we can take another look.

Understood. Thanks for the quick response.

Have to say I'm a little surprised at the lack of demand for the map. Your components integrate so well for master/detail/chart/dashboard type presentation ... seems like map would be a logical and powerful addition.

Anyway ... if I use the JavaScript GMap API for the map, then in a scenario where the user takes some action and the map needs to be updated, I should still be able to use Ext.Net to request data from the server (JSON) and use it to update the map, right?

Thanks again.

help gmap

Hi, can you send me some code examples on how to use gmap. i dont know well javascript. i use ext.net 2.x regards Paolo Lops

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post