[OPEN] [#314] Tooltip is clipping its title

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[OPEN] [#314] Tooltip is clipping its title

Hi,

This should be a fairly basic question. What's the property to configure on the ToolTip object in order for it to display the full Title by default? In my setup it displays the first three letters only followed by ellipses.

<ext:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Cancel and Close" Icon="Cancel">
            <ToolTips>
                     <ext:ToolTip ID="ToolTip1" runat="server" Anchor="top" Title="<nobr>Cancel and Close</nobr>">
                     </ext:ToolTip>
            </ToolTips>
    </ext:Button>
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 02, 2013 at 2:41 PM. Reason: [OPEN] [#314]
    Hello!

You should set Width or MinWidth for the tooltip. This ellipsis defined by CSS rule text-overflow.

<ext:ToolTip ID="ToolTip1" runat="server" Anchor="top" Title="<nobr>Cancel and Close</nobr>" Width="200">
    </ext:ToolTip>
    Thanks! But isn't there any way not to worry about setting the calculated width and just let it auto-grow as needed? I suppose that was the default behavior in 1.x, which was taken for granted.
    Tooltip expands only for the width of inner text not for width of the title.
    Does it mean that I need to use a different property to set the Tooltip text for it to auto-grow?
    Tooltip has two main properties: Title and Html. However, Tooltip adjusts its width only for Html not for Title.
    Hi,

A bit of regress. Interesting what Sencha think about it.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?269164
    Thank you guys! My sense is we should wait for the Sencha fix to be committed to SVN, correct?
    The change looks obvious, but I am not sure 100% sure. Also it doesn't look critical. So, yes, could you apply that override in your application for now?

Then Sencha will fix, it will come to Ext.NET shortly.
    Created an Issue to track it.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/314
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast