Grid: Show the value of an extension method from a databound source?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grid: Show the value of an extension method from a databound source?

In asp.net you can chose to show the value of an extension method of a data bound source that a grid or another control.

Does ext.net not support this functionality?

If it does, how do you write it?

I would like to set the DataIndex="value.ExtensionMethod()" but that does not work.
    Please post a complete (but simplified) code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCN View Post
    Please post a complete (but simplified) code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the issue.
    Sure

Here is the column
    <ext:DateColumn Header="Started time" DataIndex="DateStarted" Format="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" />

DateStarted is a property on an object in a list.
    I do not want DateStarted to be shown, I want to use an extension method on the property on it to be shown.

This is can easily be done in asp.net controls...
    For example: do you want to hide DateStarted if all records of your list is set to false?
    For example: do you want to hide DateStarted if all records of your list is set to false?
    No, I want to use an extension method on DateStarted to be the data shown.
    Unfortunately, i am not able to understand your scenario. Please, try to be more specific
    under which circumstances you want to show / hide DataStarted?
    Last edited by RCN; Jul 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM.
    under which circumstances you want to show / hide DataStarted?
    I told you no. It's still not about showing or hiding.

Unfortunately, i am not able to understand your scenario. Please, try to be more specific
    Extension method, nothing strange about it.

I don't mean to be rude but maybe you should stop answering here since you don't know the answer? I've been very specific.

I take it, since none else has posted here that ext.net is as far behind as I feared?
    Hi

In asp.net you can chose to show the value of an extension method of a data bound source that a grid or another control.
    Can you demonstrate it in simple asp.net example? I am not sure how ASP.NET can run extension method using reflection because extension method is just compiler sugar
    I guess that ASP.NET should search extension method in all types of all attached assemblies
    It is very hard operation (extremely reduce performance)

Just I want to see ASP.NET example to investigate possibility to add the same functionality to Ext.Net
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast