[FIXED] [#299] [#300] More Layout run failed messages when I run my website in IE7 or IE8 modes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FIXED] [#299] [#300] More Layout run failed messages when I run my website in IE7 or IE8 modes.

These errors do not appear in IE9 or IE10 but seems to only affect rendering of an ImageButton that appears with a linkbutton within a FieldContainer with HBoxLayout. This does not mean necessarily that the issue has anything to do with any of the controls I've referenced.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Aug 02, 2018 at 7:27 PM.
    Hi @michaeld,

Could you, please, provide us with a test case?
    Attachment as before...

The visual issue is FBLog Imagebutton

IE8 and lower does not display and produces the layout render error whereas IE9 and above does not.
    Attached Files
    Ok, thanks. I will investigate.

For the future, it would be nice if you could simplify it. I understand it is going to be a problematic to simplify the Ext.NET part (though, it is also possible), but we would appreciate if you could remove, at least, irrelevant to Ext.NET or ExtJS things like:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
        var _gaq = _gaq || [];
        _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-25254525-1']);
        _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
        (function () {
            var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
            ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
            var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
        })();//-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script>
    Hmm, wait a bit, I see that the Ext.onReady script is not so big as it was in the previous pages. You probably simplified it a lot. Nice.

Are you not able to post a standalone ASPX page to reproduce? Well, it is not so comfortable for us to deal with the raw page sources. It takes some time to get it runnable. Commonly, we very seldom request the page sources and, commonly, in quite exceptional occasions. Thank you for understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hmm, wait a bit, I see that the Ext.onReady script is not so big as it was in the previous pages. You probably simplified it a lot. Nice.
    The root page is significantly less complicated than the ones I sent you before that were having a different render problem, especially without content. I've also gone through and removed a lot of panels substituting containers where possible so that may help as well.

Well, it is not so comfortable for us to deal with the raw page sources. It takes some time to get it runnable. Commonly, we very seldom request the page sources and, commonly, in quite exceptional occasions. Thank you for understanding.
    It's the raw page source I delivered in the past that I thought you were able to discover the layout render issues in the past with page-analyzer. If you think the issue can be detected in page-analyzer, feel free to try directly at the root domain of the website I posted to your email. We're still not live so I can't post that link on a public google indexed page, as yet.

Are you not able to post a standalone ASPX page to reproduce?
    Ok, thanks. I will investigate.
    I'll try if you still cannot after investigation.

Thanks.
    I'm wondering if this is a clue related to the issue. Can you tell me what this message means?
    [W] targetCls is missing. This may mean that getTargetEl() is being overridden but not applyTargetCls(). fieldcontainer-1010
    I've spent half the evening trying to reconstruct a sample by pulling all the pages, user controls, and master page out and into a single aspx file which has not reproduced the Layout run fail in IE8/9 modes.

This leaves me to evaluate that either it's the user control loading flow (meaning, I'll have to create a sample that actually maintains all the user controls and master page configurations), or there's something in the complexity I'm excluding, or there's something in the dynamic server runtime I'm not calling in the sample.

I can't post you half the sites pages, so I'm hoping you find more than I did in the outputs I gave you before or with page-analyzer on my home page.

I cannot get page-analyzer to work with my home page. It's strange. I've managed to get page-analyzer to work with my entire website except ones where this single control is failing in IE8 mode.

Oh and the targetCls is unrelated. I did manage reproduce that message in my sample without getting the layout fail.
    Re: the LinkButton issue

It has been fixed in SVN.

Re: the issue with a Container with "frame: true"

Sencha opened a bug.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?267623

Created an Issue.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/299

Re: the issue with the "targetCls is missing" warning

Sencha opened a bug.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?267625

Created an Issue.
    https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/300
    I see the two containers (xtype: "container") with the "frame: true" setting inside the "ctl00_cp_ctl05_ZSetP". Probably, those were Panels and you just changed it to Containers for the sake of optimizing. Nice, but please remove "frame: true" settings since they seems don't make any sense for Containers.
    In my current version since I posted you the sample, I had the Frame=true removed. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything.

For now, please just set up some Height for the LinkButton.
    Height does not make the Layout Failure error go away.

Re: the LinkButton issue
    It has been fixed in SVN.

Unfortunately the layout failure still appears after update.

It would be excellent, but the Page Analyzer requires a tested page to be deployed on the same server. Here is a quote from
    I have deployed pageanalyzer to the root of my website /extjs/examples/page-analyzer/page-analyzer.html

Will this help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast