[CLOSED] Controls in Menu - rendering issues when some of the menu items are closed

[CLOSED] Controls in Menu - rendering issues when some of the menu items are closed

Hi,

Just noticed a slight issue in this example:

https://examples2.ext.net/#/Toolbar/...trols_In_Menu/

If you expand each menu option, they all auto-collapse when you move to the next menu - except the Property Grid - it seems to remain open; so you get a weird overlap effect as you move to other menus.

In Chrome only, the Panels example (using an iframe) causes the iframe content to linger on after the menu disappears...

Tested quickly only on IE10, Firefox latest and Chrome latest.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 27, 2013 at 7:47 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Anup,

View issues are reported a bit earlier.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?25268

As for a menu with the PropertyGrid is not hiding. Please see the Menu's Listeners. It is done intend, just to demonstrate such a possibility.
    <Listeners>
        <Show Handler="this.lockedHide = true;" />
        <BeforeHide Handler="return !this.lockedHide;" />
        <AfterRender Handler="var menu = this;
                                Ext.EventManager.on(window, 'mouseup', function (e) {
                                    var t = Ext.fly(e.getTarget());
                                    if (!(t.parent('#' + menu.id) || t.parent('.x-grid-editor') || t.parent('.x-layer'))) {
                                        menu.lockedHide = false;
                                        menu.hide();
                                    }
                                });" />
    </Listeners>
    Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying - I was just comparing to the 1.7 examples explorer and saw that difference so I thought it might have been a regression of some sort...!

Maybe it can be clarified in the example itself? Only because it does look odd to have that behaviour different to the other ones when playing with the example. Maybe just set a sentence above the example so user is aware this is what will happen, for demonstration purposes only? Or, perhaps create a third example with that different behaviour (that might be easier to visualize to see when one might want to use which example)?
    I would prefer the option with adding a clarifying message to the existing message. Do you mind?

Maybe, a ToolTip for that Button.
    Finally, I decided to follow this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Maybe, a ToolTip for that Button.
    Committed to SVN trunk and updated the online example. Could you review? Do you think it is enough?
    Hi Daniil

Sorry it took a while to reply. I had a look at the examples explorer and I see the tooltip.

However, I don't see the tooltip immediately. I find that when I click on the property grid menu option it shows the grid, but not the tooltip. I have to move the mouse away from the menu option and back in.

To clarify: if I mouse over the property grid menu option and wait, I DO see the tooltip. But if I just immediately click it (which I would think is a common thing to do) then I don't see it until I move the mouse away and back over the menu option.

Perhaps it is better to have this important info as just a sentence below or above the grid instead of as a tooltip?
    Last edited by anup; Jun 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Added clarification
    Thank you, fair enough.

Please see the updated example online.
    https://examples2.ext.net/#/Toolbar/...trols_In_Menu/

Do you think it is OK now?
    Yeah. That looks great. Many thanks.