[CLOSED] How to show overlay popup on whole page instead of Iframe area?

[CLOSED] How to show overlay popup on whole page instead of Iframe area?

Hi,

In one of my pages I have tab panel as below. In this tab panel I am loading each tab with a partial view with mode as frame as shown below.

@(Html.X().TabPanel().ID("tabPnlGoalManager").Padding(0).Listeners(ls => ls.TabChange.Fn = "HideGlobalSaveButton")
                  .Height(500).OverflowX(Overflow.Hidden).OverflowY(Overflow.Hidden)
                  .Items(
                         Html.X().Panel().ID("pnlTextView").Title("Text View")
                                 .Items(Html.X().Container().MarginSpec("20px 0 0 0").Loader(Html.X().ComponentLoader()
                                                                            .Url(Url.Action("GoalTextView", "Talent"))
                                                                            .Mode(LoadMode.Frame)
                                                                            .Params(new { id = Session["GoalID"] })
                                                                   )
                                       ),
                         Html.X().Panel().ID("pnlDiagramView").Title("Diagram View")
                                 .Items(Html.X().Container().MarginSpec("20px 0 0 0").Loader(Html.X().ComponentLoader()
                                                                            .Url(Url.Action("GoalObjectHierarchy", "Talent"))
                                                                            .Mode(LoadMode.Frame)
                                                                   )
                                       ),
                         Html.X().Panel().ID("pnlLinkedHierarchies").Title("Linked Hierarchies")
                                                                            .Url(Url.Action("LinkedHierarchies", "Talent"))
                                                                            .Mode(LoadMode.Frame)
                                                                            )
                                       ),
                         Html.X().Panel().ID("pnlLinkedProjects").Title("Linked Projects")
                                                                            .Url(Url.Action("LinkedProjects", "Talent"))
                                                                            .Mode(LoadMode.Frame)
                                                                            )
                                       )
                        )

)
    Now the issue is when I am showing overlay popup from these partial views.......overlay is only coming on respective tab area and not showing on complete page(main page). Please suggest a way to resolve this.

below code is being used for showing popup.

$('.add-goal-objects').click(function (event) {
                $("#myModal").reveal();
                $(".reveal-modal-load").empty();
                Ext.net.directRequest({
                    url: '@(Url.Action("AddGoal", "Talent"))',
                    extraParams: { "goalId": null, containerId: Ext.get(Ext.query(".reveal-modal-load")[0]).id }
                });
            });
    Container div in partial page and its related script as below.

<div id="myModal" class="reveal-modal">
        <div class="reveal-modal-load">
        </div>
        <a class="close-reveal-modal">x</a>
    </div>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/javascripts/foundation/jquery.foundation.reveal.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    If I put container div in main page , Popup is not being shown even though I am bale to get container Id .
    of course to get main page container id I have changed below line

Ext.get(Ext.query(".reveal-modal-load")[0])
    To

Ext.get(Ext.query(".reveal-modal-load",window.parent.document)[0])
    Let me know if you need further clarification.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 10, 2013 at 6:19 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @alscg,

You should create a window inside an iframe's parent page, not inside an iframe itself.

Here is how it can be done using an Ext.NET Window.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?9935#post39571

I am not sure how it should be done with JQuery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi @alscg,

You should create a window inside an iframe's parent page, not inside an iframe itself.

Here is how it can be done using an Ext.NET Window.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?9935#post39571

Danill,
    I did not get you. Could you please correct my code?
    Last edited by alscg; Jun 07, 2013 at 1:00 PM.
    Well, this is still actual.
    But I think that you have to place the myModal div into the parent page and define a JavaScript function which creates a pop-up window also in the parent page. When you can call this function from the iframe page this way.
    parent.createWindow(/* parameters */);
    Well, this is still actual.

But I think that you have to place the myModal div into the parent page and define a JavaScript function which creates a pop-up window also in the parent page. When you can call this function from the iframe page this way.
    parent.createWindow(/* parameters */);
    Thanks danill. Now it is working. I have implemented as you suggested above. This can be closed.