[CLOSED] Ext.Net.MVC.Demo v1.x IIS deployment issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Ext.Net.MVC.Demo v1.x IIS deployment issues

Hi,

My question is related to the closed thread at http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...IS7-deployment. I posted it there first but maybe I should've made it a new thread right away.
    What's your recommendations for IIS deployment of the MVC demo application to have the URLs resolved correctly? The application doesn't seem to work for me past the login screen throwing 404 errors. Please advise if more info is required.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Vadym,

This is a related discussion.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5...ws-server-2008

Maybe, bullet #4 in the original post can help.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980368
    Thanks for your response Daniil!

I've just verified my IIS version and it's 7.5 on Windows 7 64 bit, the App Pool uses Framework 4.0 and is in Integrated pipeline mode. So, according to the stackoverflow thread, that should just work by default. However, it doesn't. Have you been able to deploy the MVC app I'm referring to under IIS 7.5 without any issue? I'd appreciate your insight.

Edit in: The MS fix seems to be non-applicable in my case
    Last edited by vadym.f; Jun 03, 2013 at 6:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vadym.f View Post
    I've just verified my IIS version and it's 7.5 on Windows 7 64 bit, the App Pool uses Framework 4.0 and is in Integrated pipeline mode. So, according to the stackoverflow thread, that should just work by default.
    Seems the original poster has the same config and he faced this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vadym.f View Post
    However, it doesn't. Have you been able to deploy the MVC app I'm referring to under IIS 7.5 without any issue? I'd appreciate your insight.
    Yes, I have been able to deploy it on my Windows 7 with IIS 7.5. I chose DefaultAppPool (.NET 4.0, integrated pipe line mode).

At the first attempt, it complained on these sections:
    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
      <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
        <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
        <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
          <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
          <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
          <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
        </sectionGroup>
      </sectionGroup>
    </sectionGroup>
    with HTTP 500.19 - Internal Server Error. By the way, did not you face the same error?

After commenting it out, the application started working.

Maybe, this can help you.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2023146

If it doesn't, I can recommend you to go through step by step all the suggestions from the stackoverflow thread.
    Thanks Daniil,

I haven't faced an HTTP 500 error because I commented out these sections in my web.config from the very beginning. The application starts normally but a 404 error occurs past the login screen due to URL mismatch. I did follow all the steps trying various hot fixes and updates recommended in the thread to no avail. Not sure what the problem is and whether it would affect any MVC application deployment in any environment. Since there's apparently no immediate resolution in sight, please mark this thread as closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Maybe, this can help you.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2023146
    Did you try this? It is simple to try and, seems, helps someone.
    It was configured properly from the very beginning unless I'm missing something here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	www Features.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	6316
    Confirm, it looks correct.
    Hi Daniil,

I'm running out of ideas. Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 IIS 7.5 deployment yields exact same issues. I've tried to install MVC 2 on the server, register IIS with Framework 4, restart it but nothing seems to matter. Are you saying v1.6 Ext.Net.MVC.Demo app works by default for you when you deploy it under IIS?
    Yes, it worked for me on Windows 7 SP1 64bit, IIS 7.5, with DefaultAppPool (.NET 4.0, pipeline mode: integrated). Also I removed those sections in Web.config.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast