FormPanel Validation with Nested User Controls

FormPanel Validation with Nested User Controls

Hi,

My forms were submitting fine using 2.1. After updating to 2.2, myform.getForm().isValid() is returning false even though all the required fields are filled out. I suspect that the problem is either the way the user controls are nested inside the formpanel or something was changed with the allowblank attribute in 2.2. I hoping you could point me in the right direction. Here is an example of the nested user controls:

<ext:FormPanel runat="server" ID="lspFormPanel" Width="860" ButtonAlign="Center" >
        <Items>
            <%--Panel that contains General Instructions--%>
            <ext:Panel ID="lspInstructions" runat="server" Header="false" Border="false" Hidden="false" Layout="FitLayout" >
                <Content>
                    <uc1:Instructions ID="ucInstruct" runat="server" />
                </Content>
            </ext:Panel>
        </Items>
        <Buttons>
            <ext:Button ID="btnSave" runat="server" Text="Save" Height="40" Icon="Disk" OnDirectClick="click_Save" />
            <ext:Button ID="btnCancel" runat="server" Text="Cancel" Height="40" Icon="Cross" OnDirectClick="click_Cancel" />
            <ext:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" Text="Submit" Height="40" Icon="BasketAdd" >
                 <DirectEvents>
                    <Click OnEvent="checkValidation" ><Confirmation ConfirmRequest="true" Message="Are you sure that you want to submit this course proposal? No changes can be made after the initial submission." />
                        <EventMask ShowMask="true" Msg="Proposal is Submitting..." /> 
                    </Click>
                </DirectEvents>
                 <Listeners>
                   <Click Handler = "if (#{lspFormPanel}.getForm().isValid()) return true; else{Ext.Msg.show({icon: Ext.MessageBox.ERROR, msg: 'Please check the fields and try again!', buttons:Ext.Msg.OK}); return false;}" />
                </Listeners>
            </ext:Button>
        </Buttons>
    </ext:FormPanel>
    Here is an example of the layout I use inside the user controls:

<ext:Panel ID="pnl1" runat="server" Layout="AnchorLayout" >
        <Items>
            <ext:Panel ID="pnlInstr" runat="server" Border="false" Layout="FormLayout" >
                <Items>
                    <ext:Label ID="lbl1" runat="server" Html="Test1" />
                    <ext:Label ID="lbl2" runat="server" Html="Test2" />
                </Items>
        </Items>
    I cannot reproduce it, for me true value is returned
    Please post runable test case
    You can close this case. I was destroying an embedded user control that had allowBlank = false listed as a default parameter. In 2.1, the user control was destroyed and allowBlank = false was ignored and now in 2.2 it is not. I set each field to be allowBlank = true before destroying and now it works. Thanks!