Form binding to the model

Form binding to the model

Hello,

is there any way (best-practices, patterns) to bind form elements to the model. form elements are placed on three tabs. Currently I am reading form elements via FormPanel.getForm().getValues() and map it to the model (DTOs). However, I am not sure this is the best way.

Regards,
    Erno
    Hi @errno,

Please look at this example.
    http://mvc.ext.net/#/Models/Submit/
    Hi Daniil,

Thanks for your response.

After evaluation of many UI frameworks for .NET, I have decided not to use the Ext.NET. I wish you all the best with your project.

Thanks and regards,
    Erno
    Last edited by errno; May 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM.
    Thank you for the kind words!

We will much appreciate if you can provide us with any more details regarding your choice. I.e. why you decided not to use Ext.NET and why and what you preferred. Your feedback can be invaluable for us to make Ext.NET better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Thank you for the kind words!

We will much appreciate if you can provide us with any more details regarding your choice. I.e. why you decided not to use Ext.NET and why and what you preferred. Your feedback can be invaluable for us to make Ext.NET better.
    Hi,

sure, no problem. We had issues with the installation NuGet package doesn't contain the acutal libs (can still be tolerated) and we had to install the framework manually. Is not a real issue but... Further, after installation there was an issue with the Ext.NET configuration. For example we had to register Ext.NET on each page in order to use it. The problem is, the installation is described in the book nad it doesn't work. There are some questions about it in this forum -> no answers (support plays really important role for me). There are some other missing features reported.

We still consider and evaluate other frameworks.

Thanks and regards,
    Erno
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by errno View Post
    We had issues with the installation NuGet package doesn't contain the acutal libs (can still be tolerated)
    Please clarify this statement. Actual libs? Do you mean Ext.NET dlls?

What the NuGet, Visual Studio versions are you using? The NuGet should be up-to-date. In some recent NuGet versions there were issues during installing packages.

For example we had to register Ext.NET on each page in order to use it.
    Is there this thing in your Web.config?
    <pages>
      <controls>
        <add assembly="Ext.Net" namespace="Ext.Net" tagPrefix="ext" />
      </controls>
    </pages>
    Or do you use the Razor View Engine?

The problem is, the installation is described in the book nad it doesn't work.
    Could you, please, post the book things which are not working for you?

There are some questions about it in this forum -> no answers (support plays really important role for me). There are some other missing features reported.
    We are focused on the Premium Help forums and doing our best to answer in the rest forums as much as we can. Though, certainly, we miss something. Could you, please, point us to the unanswered questions which you are interested in?
    Thanks a lot!

Please clarify this statement. Actual libs? Do you mean Ext.NET dlls?
    Right - I mean Ext.NET assemblies ;-).

What the NuGet, Visual Studio versions are you using? The NuGet should be up-to-date. In some recent NuGet versions there were issues during installing packages.
    We are using VS 2012. I don't think it is up-to-date cause I asked here in forum already and some of you guys answered that there is a possibility that the NuGet has wrong version of Ext.NET DLL(s). And that was true, we have fixed it through manual install of the DLL(s).

Is there this thing in your Web.config?
    <pages>
      <controls>
        <add assembly="Ext.Net" namespace="Ext.Net" tagPrefix="ext" />
      </controls>
    </pages>
    Or do you use the Razor View Engine?
    We will to use Razor View Engine. And I tried it with WebForms - the same error. The X (@(Html.X()...) cannot be found for some reason. There is a question here in forum regarding this; I'll try to find out the link again ;-).

Could you, please, post the book things which are not working for you?

We are focused on the Premium Help forums and doing our best to answer in the rest forums as much as we can. Though, certainly, we miss something. Could you, please, point us to the unanswered questions which you are interested in?
    I can understand you. However, I cannot purchase licenses before I test and evaluate it. Could you provide me your email so we can discuss it further?

Regards,
    Erno
    Right - I mean Ext.NET assemblies ;-).
    We are using VS 2012. I don't think it is up-to-date cause I asked here in forum already and some of you guys answered that there is a possibility that the NuGet has wrong version of Ext.NET DLL(s). And that was true, we have fixed it through manual install of the DLL(s).
    Well, did it not install the Ext.NET dlls at all or just install the "wrong" version of Ext.NET dlls? I think it is the different things. But let's not focus on it.

Please tell is it still reproducible with this? What exactly package did you use - "Ext.NET" or "Ext.NET.MVC"?

If the first one, it is not suitable to use with an MVC project. The second one is suitable.

We will to use Razor View Engine. And I tried it with WebForms - the same error. The X (@(Html.X()...) cannot be found for some reason.
    There should be the following thing in Web.config.
    <system.web.webPages.razor>
        <namespaces>
          <add namespace="Ext.Net" />
          <add namespace="Ext.Net.MVC" />
        </namespaces>
      </pages>
    </system.web.webPages.razor>
    Is there such a thing in your Web.config?

There is a question here in forum regarding this; I'll try to find out the link again ;-).
    Thank you!

However, I cannot purchase licenses before I test and evaluate it.
    Sure, I understand.

Could you provide me your email so we can discuss it further?
    Well, it is very rare case when we do support via email. And it is mainly for premium members. Our policy is keep public on the forums as much as possible. Do you mind to keep the discussion here, in the thread?

Though, if you have any specific question regarding Ext.NET which you can't share, please send a request to support@object.net.