[CLOSED] How to change background color of labels in chart

[CLOSED] How to change background color of labels in chart

Is it possible to change background color for all labels of axis in the chart?
    Last edited by Daniil; May 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello!

If you want to change background color of each axis label it's not possible because label is inline element. But maybe I misunderstood you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baidaly View Post
    Hello!

If you want to change background color of each axis label it's not possible because label is inline element. But maybe I misunderstood you.
    Hello, It is possible using sprites. You can do rectangles behind the label. It doesn't work if your chat resizable. You can close the topic
    Let me know if I can do something like done on the image attached without sprites?
      <ext:Chart ID="crtProgress" runat="server" Shadow="false" Animate="true"
                                                Store="strGoals" Height="225" Cls="lhapp-chart">
                                                <Items>
                                                   <ext:Sprite Type="Rect" X="8" Y="0" Width="15" Height="210" Fill="#808080"></ext:Sprite>
                                                   <ext:Sprite Type="Rect" X="8" Y="200" Width="320" Height="15" Fill="#808080"></ext:Sprite>
                                                   <ext:Sprite Text="week" Type="Text" X="250" Y="210" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial"></ext:Sprite>
                                                   <ext:Sprite Text="steps" Type="Text" X="-25" Y="-2" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial">
                                                       <Rotate Degrees="270"></Rotate>
                                                   </ext:Sprite>
                                                </Items>
                                                <Axes>
                                                    <ext:NumericAxis Position="Left" Grid="false" Minimum="0" Maximum="1" DashSize="0">
                                                        <Label Padding="0" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial" Width="10">
                                                            <Rotate Degrees="270"></Rotate>
                                                            <Renderer Handler="return verticalAxisRenderer(value);" />
                                                        </Label>
                                                    </ext:NumericAxis>
                                                    <ext:CategoryAxis Fields="shortName" Position="Bottom" DashSize="1" >
                                                        <Label Padding="0" Fill="#fff" Font="11px Arial">
                                                        </Label>
                                                    </ext:CategoryAxis>
                                                </Axes>
                                                <Series>
                                                    <ext:ColumnSeries Axis="Bottom" XField="name" YField="value">
                                                        <Renderer Fn="columnRenderer"></Renderer>
                                                    </ext:ColumnSeries>
                                                </Series>
                                            </ext:Chart>
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	6220  
    I think it's reasonable solution in this case because Charts have many limitations like this one.

But I'll ask my colleagues maybe they can offer something else.
    Hi,

I can confirm that there is no a built-in possibility to fill background as you need. So, your solution with Sprites looks the only solution to achieve it.