[CLOSED] GZip ext DLL to get better "page loading" speed.

[CLOSED] GZip ext DLL to get better "page loading" speed.

Hi,

I am facing one very serious problem, the web page loads very slowly due to EXT DLL, I have tested web site by removing EXT related DLLs and controls than site will performing far better.

Please help me to get out of this by giving clear example.

Thanks
    Last edited by Daniil; Apr 23, 2013 at 3:56 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @shaileshsakaria,

Quote Originally Posted by shaileshsakaria View Post
    I am facing one very serious problem, the web page loads very slowly due to EXT DLL
    Please clarify how did you determine it?

Generally. Ext.NET resources (CSS and JavaScript) are quite big. It can slow down initial loading. Though they are gzipped by default and there is nothing we could do more here.

Are you sure that the issue is linked up to the resources, but not to rendering of the controls?
    Hi,

Yes you are right, it may possible the issue of control rendering, i have just compare "Ext applied version" and "Without Ext version", where "Ext applied version" is very slow that other. please let me know what is the solution to increase the loading process for page while EXT controls used on page.
    EXT.

Ext.Net.dll is of 28,867KB size, do you think this size leads to slow down the page?

Thanks,

Shailesh
    Quote Originally Posted by shaileshsakaria View Post
    Ext.Net.dll is of 28,867KB size, do you think this size leads to slow down the page?
    No, I don't think so. Loading CSS and JavaScript resources can slow down the page, but only initial loading. How much time does Ext.NET resources take to load?

i have just compare "Ext applied version" and "Without Ext version", where "Ext applied version" is very slow that other.
    How much Ext.NET things are you using? How the page looks without Ext.NET?

Generally, providing us with a sample to reproduce the problem could clarify everything.
    The file size of the .dll is not related to the download speed of a page containing Ext.NET.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

Please visit "http://trivenitechnologies.com/websales/Default.aspx"
    The first page don't contains any EXT control, Anter User Id: demo, Password =123456. (Dashboard)
    If we compare the time for Default.aspx and "Dashboard.aspx" after login, there is a long difference.

Thanks
    Thank you for the online example.

Loading the ExtJS script took almost 11 seconds.

I see it is 2.8 megabytes. It is not a release version "ext-all.js". It is a debug version "ext-all-debug.js".

Please set up ScriptMode="Release" for a ResourceManager or scriptMode="Release" in the extnet section within a Web.config.

Another issue is the fact that this file and other resources are requested with WebResource.axd. I think that it doesn't GZip by default.

I recommend to enable the Ext.NET resource handler. There should be the following settings in a Web.config.
    <system.web>
      <httpHandlers>
        <add path="*/ext.axd" verb="*" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" validate="false"/>
      </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>
    <!-- 
      The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet Information Services 7.0.
      It is not necessary for previous version of IIS.
    -->
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler"/>
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    If you apply these suggestions, the main resource will weigh something about 400KB. It will reduce loading time much.

And, as I can see, there is no problem at rendering stage. The page is rendered within a second when the resources are loaded (tested with FireFox).

Hope this helps.