[CLOSED] Memory Spikes in IE and other browsers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hi,

I am going to download and test using the latest sources. Were you guys able to reproduce using the release version, 2.1.1
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    Were you guys able to reproduce using the release version, 2.1.1
    Yes, I do reproduce. I had been clicking the buttons about 15 times and the memory got increased for 500 MB. It is obvious that it is a memory leaking.

I tried again with the latest sources from the trunk and there is nothing similar to the problem with v2.1.1.
    Hi,

I am seeing much better performance as you mentioned with the latest release. Are they any major changes that I need to be aware of for this release I have downloaded from SVN.
    Excellent. Thank you for confirming.

I am seeing much better performance as you mentioned with the latest release.
    It has not been released yet, but v2.2 will appear soon (maybe, this week).

Are they any major changes that I need to be aware of for this release I have downloaded from SVN.
    Well, nothing big. It is mostly bug fixes and new functionality.

There are a few breaking changes noted in the BREAKING_CHANGES.txt. Also, you could investigate the SVN log.

We are here to help if any problems will appear after migrating.
    We added your test files to a GitHub project:

https://github.com/extnet/Test

I also published the test project to a live server so we can all browser test the exact same site:

http://test.ext.net/

I just ran through a few tests with IE10 and the memory consumption was minimal, and recycled quickly.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the great support provided with this issue. We are happy with the performance gain available from the latest revision. We are now deciding the best way forward as it relates to our release date.

thanks...
    Hi Danill,

I have went through this thread completely. We are also facing similar memory leak problem in our project. Unfortunately we can't use latest SVN trunk (Ver 2.2) in our project because with ver 2.2 we are facing some other issues. Currently we are using Ver 2.1. Is it possible to provide any help for ver 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarun Chand View Post
    Is it possible to provide any help for ver 2.1?
    I am afraid, we can't. We changed nothing regarding this problem in Ext.NET. So, the fateful change has been made on ExtJS side somewhere between ExtJS 4.1 and 4.2. I think there is no chance to get this change, because there was no ExtJS ticket (at least, publicly available) associated to this problem. I even think that ExtJS development team could not provide us with such a fix for ExtJS 4.1. To clarify: I am talking about ExtJS 4.1 and 4.2, because they are the bases of, respectively, Ext.NET v2.1 and v2.2.

The best we can do is to help with this:
    because with ver 2.2 we are facing some other issues
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234