Mar 17, 2009, 6:41 PM
Coolite: THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
The biggest concern most fellow developers (not coolite) and customers have on web development and especially ExtJS and Coolite is the speed. Though most samples seem quick and responsive, samples with more data are most of the time slow.
Correct is my answer, if implemented WRONG!
If someone again tells you ExtJS (and Coolite in that matter) is slow, now you can tell them YOU have seen an example where more than 1 MILLION records could be managed by coolite, AND even without a mouse!
On the link below you can find my demo setup with a stress test of 1,104,075 records (I know, it is only one field, but yet...).
In this demo, you even practically don't need the mouse anymore: editing of a row is done by:
- select a row and click on the edit button on top
- double click on a row
- right click on a row and select edit
- press ENTER on the keyboard on the selected record
To create a new record:
- click on the new button on top
- press 'N' on your keyboard
To save the record in the Edit dialog: Just press ENTER
To duplicate a record:
- select a row and click on the duplicate button on top
- right click on a row and select duplicate
- press 'D' on your keyboard
To delete a record:
- select a row and click on the delete button on top
- right click on a row and select delete
- press DELETE on your keyboard
To move from page to page:
- click on the left and right buttons on the bottom (pagingtoolbar)
- click the left or right arrow on your keyboard
When a record is added or one is changed, the record will automatically be selected again (and brought to the page where it needs to come due to sorting)
Voila, that's it folks! Have fun with the demo:
In the accordion select Settings: then open Settings > Global Settings > Technologies
And there it is!
Thanks again to the folks of Coolite!